The Trenches, Episode 5: Sherdog Live Chat (Every Thursday at 8PM ET/5 PM PT)

Are you disappointed that Eddie Alvarez signed with ONE Championship?

• Total voters

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score

Sherdog Main Page writers Ant Walker and Jason Burgos want to talk things over and answer your questions on a Live Video Chat series titled "The Trenches," airing tonight at 8 PM ET/5 PM PT. They also want your thoughts on a poll posted in this thread, with today's poll question asking whether you are disappointed that Eddie Alvarez signed with ONE Championship.

Chime in on the conversation by posting any questions you have for them.

Ant holds over 15 years of martial arts experience, training in multiple styles including Boxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, Kung Fu and Krav Maga, and also coached amateur MMA fighters. A former Sherdog Radio Network personality and current contributor to Sherdog.com, this self-described "gym rat" seeks to impart his knowledge and discuss all things MMA with his fellow community members.

A journalist by trade, Jason has also co-hosted and produced multiple podcasts (including the "Fight Strength Podcast" with American Top Team trainer Phil Daru) over the years. He has contributed for several publications, and was a Senior Editor for MMASucka.com before landing at Sherdog. Along with his plethora of articles based on his exclusive interviews, Jason frequently covers live events for the site, chronicling the happenings with his growing photographic talents.

Select questions from this thread will be answered in this week's 'Ask Ant' article, and additional questions from this thread may be used in an upcoming episode of live video chat series 'The Trenches,' hosted on the forum in this thread tonight, Thursday 10/18. Below are links to previous episodes of that series as well as his previous 'Ask Ant' articles.

The Trenches, Episode 4
The Trenches, Episode 3

The Trenches, Episode 2
The Trenches, Episode 1: UFC 229 Presser

Ask Ant 10/12
Ask Ant 10/5
Ask Ant 9/27
Ask Ant 9/21

Ask Ant 9/14

Thank you, and please be respectful. We appreciate it.

Last edited:
Hey Ant,
Who's your favorite ninja turtle and why?

Also, who do you like in the Gus Jones rematch?

Hey Ant,

Which would be more competitive: Conor v. Khabib 2 or Khabib v. Mayweather?

Sup Ant,

I just wanna know how you work as a MMA journalist and how your martial arts experience helps with it.
Also what do you think about the state of MMA journalism, I often read a lot of criticisms in the forums.

Yojimbo asks:

one fc changed its weigh in procedure and precautions, will it take a ufc fighter dying before they adopt the same or similar tactics?

Hi Ant. Enjoy your articles. Have you tried the DAZN app yet? If so what are your thoughts. If they add Rizin I'll check it out.

Hello benevolent, non-violent Overlords!

It seems that we're entering an era where it's more common and prevalent for UFC fighters to jump ship to other organizations. How do you think this trend will evolve (will it abate or escalate) and what will be its long-term consequences for the UFC and the MMA landscape as a whole?

Question 1: What did you think of the Fedor vs Chael fight? Fedor’s Throws and vicious stand up looked liked his old self.

Question 2: Black Beast with a quick turn around. Good or bad? DC disrespected that Popeyes chicken.

Question 3: Yushin Okami fighting again what are your thoughts? Is he washed up?

How would a prime "the total package" Lex Luger fare in MMA?

How do you feel about all this Mayweather/Khabib talk? Obviously that fight isn't happening. But do you think Floyd talking about the UFC and its champs is ultimately good for the sport?

The Ant just confirmed Bador is real!

Any thoughts on Islam Mamedov purported sickness at PFL 9 after he won the quarters, taking him out of the semi's vs Rashid Magomedov?

EDIT: Thanks for answering my question! Must have happened when Tavares rocked him in Round 1.

Who would win if Townsend Saunders fought Michihiro Omigawa?

Yaaay my STEM-esque vocabulary was praised!

<DC-Champ>

Great show, guys, and thank you to everyone who submitted questions this week. Some more from this thread may make their way into tomorrow's 'Ask Ant' column, and we'll be back with another next Thursday!

Love the rant about the tape delay, it's one of my biggest gripes with Bellator (with prelims being geoblocked for international viewers, so we are forced to look for illegal streams lol).

Back