Here is a reality check question...

true_fan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How many fighters lost to Tony via cut and doctors’ stoppage? Another question, if I remember correctly, didn’t MJ beat Tony? So why everyone is so high on him beating Khabib?

With an 11 fight win streak don't you think Tony is worthy of a hype train?

Khabib will be a deserving favourite over anyone but Tony is a legit test. Don't downplay this matchup.

How many fighters lost to Tony via cut and doctors’ stoppage? Another question, if I remember correctly, didn’t MJ beat Tony? So why everyone is so high on him beating Khabib?
different styles, different fighters.
MMAth does not work.

So beating one fighter does not mean you can beat everyone that fighter beat.
On the same token, losing to a fighter does not mean you lose to all fighters that was able to beat said fighter.

You're right TS, they should just not fight.

Let's all have a tea party instead.

different styles, different fighters.
MMAth does not work.

So beating one fighter does not mean you can beat everyone that fighter beat.
On the same token, losing to a fighter does not mean you lose to all fighters that was able to beat said fighter.

You would think this would be common knowledge.

You would think.

You've been here since 2007 and can't figure out why Tony is a legit threat to anyone at 155?

When girls wear tight pants and fart, does the fart go up, or does it shoot around and blast their vag?

He has a ton of stoppages that resulted as an accumulation of damage. Many of his fights have ended because his opponents got caught after being exhausted from the pace he sets. Even ones that went the distance, he sliced dudes up, like Josh Thomson.

He lost the fight to MJ because he got his arm broken from a kick in the first, and was basically a one-armed fighter for the rest of the fight. He still hung in there till the end, and kept coming at him.

MMA math again, seriously? When will people learn?

If you wanna use MMA Math, you could just as well argue that Tony finishing a bunch of fighters that Khabib was only able to get a Decision over is 'proof' that he's the more dangerous fighter.

He has a ton of stoppages that resulted as an accumulation of damage. Many of his fights have ended because his opponents got caught after being exhausted from the pace he sets. Even ones that went the distance, he sliced dudes up, like Josh Thomson.

And he could very well slice up Khabib, too.

I don't see how having cut stoppages is somehow a bad thing. It's smart.

Not sure how this is a reality check. Khabib arguably lost to Tibau, so?

El cucuy is the man but he won’t beat the eagle!

Don't get the doctor's stoppage thing?

Is that to say that the only way Tony wins this is if he cut Khabib bad enough that the doctor calls it off?

Dana Said

giphy.gif

A few of Tony's best wins have been a little strange. There was a change in momentum after fouling Barboza and again after a pretty serious eye poke on RDA. He also gets rocked or dropped in most of his fights. He's obviously good, but I'm not sold on him being champion material.

He uses elbows to cut his opponents. There was a reason that was not allowed in some other MMA orgs. That said, I think Khabib easily handles him.

too many damn fights being stopped by cuts . fighters are making the cage their home ...I don't think ring fighting was fair either but atleast it had some variety ..

Back