Tony hasnt said anything about fighting Khabib

Noraaq

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I find this pretty odd since they both won on the same card and now it seems like the UFC is pushing for a Khabib/Conor rematch.

Interestingly, it has been Khabib talking about wanting to fight Tony. There was an interview a while back when Khabib said "these guys only call me out when Im already booked for a fight, or when Im injured" so..

How come Tony hasnt said anything about fighting Khabib since UFC 229?

Because he's busy sharpening his elbows in preparation.

I remember him talking about fighting both Khabib and Conor in the post fight presser.

He was pissed about getting stripped of his interim title.

I'm guessing because that fight has been booked so many times and hasn't happened yet. I know they both wanna get in there and scrap but maybe they don't wanna put anymore jinx on it than it already has. It's the obvious fight that the majority of the MMA community wants to see before it's too late.

Fans are often more jumpy and impatient than the fighters. Let them see what happens here.

We have the benefit of observing this almost every day from our screens.

Kevin Lee with a staph infection controlled Tony for a while before making a rookie mistake (same one he did vs Barboza and danced it off)

Khabib will run roughshod over Tony 99/100.

He possibly wants conor, I think a win vs Conor is bigger for him anyways. More money, more fame and better future. Thats just the truth

He possibly wants conor, I think a win vs Conor is bigger for him anyways. More money, more fame and better future. Thats just the truth
Im thinking the same. I think Tony never WANTED to fight Khabib, he just felt it was necessary in order to get a crack at Conor.

Khabib WANTS to fight Tony, this is the difference between the 2 of them

Conor would get his ass whooped. He loses against anybody in the LW Top 6. I wouldn't mind seeing Tony get a shot at him either. Would crush his gimmick forever but make the eventual Khabib vs Tony fight easily the Fight of the Century. Might beat the Floyd-Con PPV buyrate as well.

He isn't a internet lurker.. prolly building a gym by hand somewhere lol

He isn't a internet lurker.. prolly building a gym by hand somewhere lol
BS, he has talked a lot of shit about Tiramisu in the past, after all of Khabib's fights he has said something

I find this pretty odd since they both won on the same card and now it seems like the UFC is pushing for a Khabib/Conor rematch.

Interestingly, it has been Khabib talking about wanting to fight Tony. There was an interview a while back when Khabib said "these guys only call me out when Im already booked for a fight, or when Im injured" so..

I think he's just tired of talking about fighting the guy since it hasn't happened the last 4 times

They had him on the post fight show and he straight up said he wanted his title shot vs Khabib.

The UFC probably told everyone to keep quiet because they're setting up Conor vs Khabib 2 and they don't want the fans to get hyped on a Tony vs Khabib fight.

He called him out in the post-fight presser.

Kevin Lee and Diaz also called out Khabib so it's not like contenders are going quiet.

Kevin Lee with a staph infection controlled Tony for a while before making a rookie mistake (same one he did vs Barboza and danced it off)

You nerds and your silly MMA Math.

Im thinking the same. I think Tony never WANTED to fight Khabib, he just felt it was necessary in order to get a crack at Conor.

He called out Khabib on live TV at the post fight show. He then told Woodley (who was one of the analysts) that he'd then move up and fight him at 170.

Pretty sure Tony will happily take on anyone he can get sanctioned to fight if it's a bigger name or title shot. He doesn't care.

Kevin Lee is a bigger and stronger wrestler than Khabib. He wouldn't be so confident leading up the fight against Ferguson and literally weeping after if he thought the staph infection affected the outcome. He made weight.

Khabib getting super overrated around these parts these days just because he beat ConMan McGregor the most fraudlent "elite" lightweight in UFC history.

Thought Khabib wanted to box Matweather??

Back