Max Holloway's mysterious illness that pulled him from UFC 226?

gimp0

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
so there has been a lot of talk about this mysterious unknown virus/illness that has been found in roughly 22 states...

I present you with the answer to Max being pulled.

It's called Acute Flaccid Myelitis.

Symptoms include:

- weakness and loss of muscle tone/reflexes in the arms or legs
- facial droop
- difficulty moving the eyes
- drooping eyelids
- difficulty swallowing
- slurred speech

He definitely seemed flaccid.

22 fights at 26 years of age is probably not the best thing to do. Plus there's the Featherweight Championship curse for pulling out of fights.

I'm still thinking his training team tried to get him into fight week with a concussion. Which is terribly irresponsible.

It is what it is, hashtag where's Jose Waldo

He got dropped at training, Yancy also pulled out of that event, that camp is looking to take the crown from AKA as p4p most dangerous gym.

On a serious note, there were a lot of people really concerned about his health, symptoms, etc. Saying he may never fight again.... Has there been no real formal announcement on what he was diagnosed with? Other than he is scheduled to fight again?

22 fights at 26 years of age is probably not the best thing to do. Plus there's the Featherweight Championship curse for pulling out of fights.
It's not really the number of fights. It's that he takes a lot of damage, and dehydrates himself to near death. After the fight he doesn't even rest probably. Right into hard sparring. His brain will be a milk shake at 35 if he keeps doin that.

tenor.gif

The 2 Aldo wars.

each fight only went 3 rounds...so it wasn't like a 5 round war...in those 3rd rounds, it was basically just a beatdown..so he really only took any shots in the first 2 rounds...

It's not really the number of fights. It's that he takes a lot of damage, and dehydrates himself to near death. After the fight he doesn't even rest probably. Right into hard sparring. His brain will be a milk shake at 35 if he keeps doin that.

It's funny, how guys think that fighters get all this brain damage after a few fights....look at the old time fighters...Jake Lamotta lived to age 96, and took an extreme amount of punishment. SRR had over 200 fights...many times fought weekly...and many of these were 15 round wars...with some of the greatest fighters who ever lived...I think you guys are greatly exxaggerating the effects if any, after only a few fights...of a few rounds..

so there has been a lot of talk about this mysterious unknown virus/illness that has been found in roughly 22 states...

I present you with the answer to Max being pulled.

It's called Acute Flaccid Myelitis.

Symptoms include:

- weakness and loss of muscle tone/reflexes in the arms or legs
- facial droop
- difficulty moving the eyes
- drooping eyelids
- difficulty swallowing
- slurred speech
Isnt that the new Polio? That affects children?

Back