Demetrious Khrisna Johnson is now as good as Conor in ground fighting

Danis_champ

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Still my (boi) p4p #1 fighter MM. Congratulations

giphy.gif
{<huh}

DJ is just a brown belt and yet you have people like Rashad Evans who is a black belt {<jordan}

Well deserved. But I remember him being a white belt only a couple years ago.

Probably his no gi, wrestling, and mma translated and all he needed was learning gi grips and stuff.
Just saying that was really fast though

No because he's under different coach.

But I agree, both Demetrious and Conor are advanced grapplers.

DJ is just a brown belt and yet you have people like Rashad Evans who is a black belt {<jordan}
To be fair Rashad has never been submitted in MMA, Schaub talked about how he's one of the hardest guys to sub even in training

He's more of a defensive grappler and doesn't get taken down often because of his great wrestling

Well deserved. But I remember him being a white belt only a couple years ago.

Probably his no gi, wrestling, and mma translated and all he needed was learning gi grips and stuff.
Just saying that was really fast though
Yup some coaches want you to have very good gi game. That's why Faber's coach refused to give him Black belt for years. Hume is a bad motherfucker and he wants everything to be perfect. Let's just be real his grappling is already in very high black belt level.

Unlike Conor, Johnson didn't get a brown belt after a (T)KO win. He didn't even get his brown belt after the Borg finish.

To be fair Rashad has never been submitted in MMA, Schaub talked about how he's one of the hardest guys to sub even in training

He's more of a defensive grappler and doesn't get taken down often because of his great wrestling

Well if bjj wizard schaub can't sub him...

His brown belt is worth more than 80% of black belts among UFC fighters.

Most of these belts get handed out as a prestige object. I also think these BJJ coaches that hand them out do this for marketing purposes. They want to be associated with certain fighters. Makes sense.

But every belt has to be taken with a grain of salt. At the end of the day it's just a belt. What you actually do on the mat is important. And DJ is obviously a great grappler.

Belts don't mean shit. Jon Jones is a blue belt and would grapple the shit out of most black belts in the UFC

BJJ is for women and kids. It says so on the signs. Don't be proud to show it off as a man, unless you have no fist, or feet, or knees .

BJJ is for women and kids. It says so on the signs. Don't be proud to show it off as a man, unless you have no fist, or feet, or knees .
I dare you to walk into a bjj gym and say that

Back