Is McGregor the biggest hype job in MMA history?

YouKnowWhat?

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Last month, if you said BJ Penn was too well rounded for McGregor, you would be insulted by his crazy fans. Now, we can all agree he isn't even a top 3 LW.
boat%20gif_zpsxuqetu6m.gif

AT FW, homie RAN THROUGH that division, including a 13 second KO of the GOAT there, so no.

LW is a different story.

But Overall, he is a very solid fighter, when you weigh all of his accomplishments.

Roger Gracie was a bigger hype job than Conor.

AT FW, homie RAN THROUGH that division, including a 13 second KO of the GOAT there, so no.

LW is a different story.

But Overall, he is a very solid fighter, when you weigh all of his accomplishments.
But he avoided all the wrestlers at FW. He wouldn't even touch the FW belt if the UFC made him fight full camp Mendes and Edgar. Mendes could do what Khabib did if he has a full camp (and cycles properly)

I think Aldo, Mendes and Edgar are better fighters at FW.

But he avoided all the wrestlers at FW. He wouldn't even touch the FW belt if the UFC made him fight full camp Mendes and Edgar

Did Holloway fight full camp Edgar or Mendes?

But he avoided all the wrestlers at FW. He wouldn't even touch the FW belt if the UFC made him fight full camp Mendes and Edgar

How many great wrestlers were going to give him a problem at FW that he "Avoided" Mendes and Edgar? So he fought 1 of them. He never avoided anyone. Haters can hate but at least be educated about it. Khabib is the best wrestler at LW. He fought him after 2 years off..

But he avoided all the wrestlers at FW. He wouldn't even touch the FW belt if the UFC made him fight full camp Mendes and Edgar. Mendes could do what Khabib did if he has a full camp (and cycles properly)

I think Aldo, Mendes and Edgar are better fighters at FW.
Literally felt embarrassed for you reading this. Pathetic

How many great wrestlers were going to give him a problem at FW that he "Avoided" Mendes and Edgar? So he fought 1 of them. He never avoided anyone. Haters can hate but at least be educated about it. Khabib is the best wrestler at LW. He fought him after 2 years off..
Mendes exposed his poor TDD. If Mendes has a full camp, he will beat McGregor easily

When he goes on a 2-3 losing streak coming up, then yes we will agree he was all smoke & mirrors & only beat up midgets to build up his hype.

I think we are just shook that he did not turn out to be one of the very best but he still is rock solid top 5 FW and LW fighter which says a lot.

LW is a different story.

Even his FW run is overblown, he had seven fights at FW. Only 3 against top ten opponents. Although he did beat everyone convincingly, he didn't exactly clear out the division.

I think we are just shook that he did not turn out to be one of the very best but he still is rock solid top 5 FW and LW fighter which says a lot.
So McGregor is a top 5 lightweight? When your record is 2-2 against lightweight opponents in the UFC (Diaz is normally a lightweight), i'm not sure that makes you top 5, call me crazy. The overhyped tapping machine would be lucky to barely make a top 10 or 15.

Not the biggest, but still overrated by the UFC, and vastly overrated by his knob-gobblers.

So McGregor is a top 5 lightweight? When your record is 2-2 against lightweight opponents in the UFC (Diaz is normally a lightweight), i'm not sure that makes you top 5, call me crazy. The overhyped tapping machine would be lucky to barely make a top 10 or 15.
Ya but he dominated Eddie who always has been on top of the division (fluke champ imo)

Conman McFraud got exposed when he fought a full camp wrestler

Kids on Sherdog are dazzled with Conman's fancy standup with no fear of a takedown from the opponent should be watching kickboxing instead of MMA.

Khabib showed Conman a lesson in level of competition

His claim of of a double champ is nothing but manufactured success and special treatment from the UFC since only Conman was given the opportunity while other fighters would not be allowed to do so.

Would also explain why Sports Illustrated would not put Conman in the running for Sportsman of the year at the time because they know the truth.

Biggest fraud in MMA history.

He is certainly overrated, but not the biggest hype job. His run at 145 was impressive and no one can take that away from him. Plus his performance vs Alveraz was perfect.

I'm not a fan, but the guy has still had a very good career. Not deserving of the hype he gets, but it is what it is.

It depends on how he does in the remainder of his career but in my eyes he is on par with Ronda.

This is not to say that he is a can. He is definitely an amazing fighter, and so was Ronda for that matter, but the hype surrounding them is far greater than their actual skills.

Back