Will my mma people be watching Fury-Wilder?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
So I am an Mma fan who came from boxing. Big mma fan but boxing is and probably always will be number 1 for me. But I can appreciate those weekends where there are big fights for both sports. Anyways, Fury-Wilder is coming up.....And its gonna be big.

In one corner you have 1 of the 2 new heavyweight destroyers (the other being Anthony Joshua). WBC Heavyweight Champion, Deontay Wilder who has the kind of power that an MMA fighter can only dream of. The scary concussive power. Same line as Tommy Hearns, George Foreman etc. He is coming off the biggest win of his career vs the highly rated Luis "King Kong" Ortiz (seen in this video here) (Video includes the biggest hw fights of the yr, including AJ-Klits, Whyte-Chisora, Bellew-Haye etc

In the other corner you have Tyson Fury. The Giant Madman of Heavyweight boxing. There are plenty of people in the boxing world (myself included) who still believe that this guy is the true heavyweight champion, and nobody is going to be able to claim they are the champion until they have beaten him. 6 foot 9. On the third fight of his comeback after having his title stripped, legitimate boxing skills, footwook, movement, etc.

Its gonna be incredible incredible stuff......And waiting for the winner to unify all the belts....

4ABAADB800000578-5565825-image-a-76_1522536491369.jpg

I am excited people. Mma has been on such a downturn for so long, its great that the Heavyweight Division in boxing is back. AJ, Wilder, Fury, Whyte, Ortiz, Parker, Chisora, etc.

Edit: DOSSER!!

Last edited:
So I am an Mma fan who came from boxing. Big mma fan but boxing is and probably always will be number 1 for me. But I can appreciate those weekends where there are big fights for both sports. Anyways, Fury-Wilder is coming up.....And its gonna be big.

In one corner you have 1 of the 2 new heavyweight destroyers (the other being Anthony Joshua). WBC Heavyweight Champion, Deontay Wilder who has the kind of power that an MMA fighter can only dream of. The scary concussive power. Same line as Tommy Hearns, George Foreman etc. He is coming off the biggest win of his career vs the highly rated Luis "King Kong" Ortiz (seen in this video here) (Video includes the biggest hw fights of the yr, including AJ-Klits, Whyte-Chisora, Bellew-Haye etc

In the other corner you have Tyson Fury. The Giant Madman of Heavyweight boxing. There are plenty of people in the boxing world (myself included) who still believe that this guy is the true heavyweight champion, and nobody is going to be able to claim they are the champion until they have beaten him. 6 foot 9. On the third fight of his comeback after having his title stripped, legitimate boxing skills, footwook, movement, etc.

Its gonna be incredible incredible stuff......And waiting for the winner to unify all the belts....

4ABAADB800000578-5565825-image-a-76_1522536491369.jpg

I am excited people. Mma has been on such a downturn for so long, its great that the Heavyweight Division in boxing is back. AJ, Wilder, Fury, Whyte, Ortiz, Parker, Chisora, etc.

Definitely. Basically the same story as you. Big fan of both but I was a Boxing fan before MMA was even a thing and it will always be my first love.

There is nothing else quite like the feel and atmosphere around a big fight in Boxing.

Depends if there's MMA on in the same night.

I also started off with Boxing, but MMA is a lot more exciting for me tbh.

If so, I will catch the replay somewhere.

I don't watch much boxing, but I'll be watching that.

yea i will for sure

fury by decision.

fuck yeah bro, this shit will be amazing. two giant men with two distinct styles who have made successes with it and in their prime are gonna do battle. its gonna be epic

I don't watch much boxing, but I'll be watching that.
Watch the first video I posted. You may find yourself highly entertained by the big hw fights of this past year

AJ-Klits
Chisora-Whyte
Wilder-Ortiz
Bellew-Haye
Whyte-AJ

lemme know after

Of course, though I am not nearly as interested in hw boxing compared to other weight classes

I'll watch it for sure. Then they could finally do Joshua vs Wilder after, two fights I'd hate to miss.

Watch the first video I posted. You may find yourself highly entertained by the big hw fights of this past year

AJ-Klits
Chisora-Whyte
Wilder-Ortiz
Bellew-Haye
Whyte-AJ

lemme know after
Wilder-Ortiz was awesome. A war.

AJ-Klits
Chisora-Whyte
Wilder-Ortiz
Bellew-Haye
Whyte-AJ

lemme know after
I've got to sleep now, but I've seen the AJ fights and Wilder-Ortiz.

Can't wait for it

Can't wait for the winner vs AJ even more than that though

Wilder has some of the most awful technique but you can't deny his power. Maybe he throws weird since he is usually taller than everyone else.

Definitely. Basically the same story as you. Big fan of both but I was a Boxing fan before MMA was even a thing and it will always be my first love.

There is nothing else quite like the feel and atmosphere around a big fight in Boxing.

I can only speak from my experience (grew up as a kid watching boxing then got into MMA in my late teens) but, I’ve been to Conor vs Mendes and Conor vs Aldo live (as well as other UFC cards, these were the biggest though) and have only been to 1 boxing fight in life (Canelo vs Cotto) and I do agree, there really is nothing like the atmosphere of a big boxing fight.

The only time in Vegas I enjoyed more than that boxing event was during March Madness, it’s a pretty amazing time to be in Vegas (the opening week at least).

And to TS, yes, I will be definitely watching this and hoping that the winner takes on AJ. The HW division is better now than it has been in the past 10 years so really looking forward to the next 3 or so years in HW boxing.

Wilder has some of the most awful technique but you can't deny his power. Maybe he throws weird since he is usually taller than everyone else.
I think he is going to blast AJ when they fight, because Aj won't be able to deal with the crazy techinque

I can only speak from my experience (grew up as a kid watching boxing then got into MMA in my late teens) but, I’ve been to Conor vs Mendes and Conor vs Aldo live (as well as other UFC cards, these were the biggest though) and have only been to 1 boxing fight in life (Canelo vs Cotto) and I do agree, there really is nothing like the atmosphere of a big boxing fight.

The only time in Vegas I enjoyed more than that boxing event was during March Madness, it’s a pretty amazing time to be in Vegas (the opening week at least).

And to TS, yes, I will be definitely watching this and hoping that the winner takes on AJ. The HW division is better now than it has been in the past 10 years so really looking forward to the next 3 or so years in HW boxing.

You were at Cotto vs Canelo live? That's awesome dude!! I've never been to a big event live, I'm just basing my opinion on watching it live on TV, lol, I'm sure it's far more amazing actually being in the arena (aside from having a way shittier view of the fight anyway, haha)

Back