The whole Poirier/Diaz fiasco seems fishy

Epicness

Rent-paying tenant cat
@Black
Reaction score
With both guys going back and forth claiming theyre “out” of the fight, everyone clamoring for a 165 belt, then finally Poirier pulling out with an undisclosed injury.

Just listened to Dustin on Ariel’s show, all he said was it was his hip and didnt really go into any kind of detail. I feel like UFC may have pulled them both for potentially bigger fights? I dunno just seemed super weird from the beginning

Thoughts?

Agreed. Piorier also claimed he can probably still fight this year, so why wasnt the fight moved to a later date this year.

Pulling a Yoel or a Gus, hurt for non-title fights, ready for the strap whenever though. Its been an odd year for this.

Pulling a Yoel or a Gus, hurt for non-title fights, ready for the strap whenever though. Its been an odd year for this.

To be fair Dustin deserves a title shot about 200% more than Yoel/Gus so that would be understandable, guy has looked like a monster lately

With both guys going back and forth claiming theyre “out” of the fight, everyone clamoring for a 165 belt, then finally Poirier pulling out with an undisclosed injury.

Just listened to Dustin on Ariel’s show, all he said was it was his hip and didnt really go into any kind of detail. I feel like UFC may have pulled them both for potentially bigger fights? I dunno just seemed super weird from the beginning

Thoughts?
6e9a6a673710b0d8411db4c81937e2a3.jpg

To be fair Dustin deserves a title shot about 200% more than Yoel/Gus so that would be understandable, guy has looked like a monster lately
I agree 100%
I couldn't even believe he took the fight with Diaz before just fighting for the title at this point. Just a trend I think we've all been witnessing. Seems odd period.

The whole situation has been weird since before Conor took a smeshing. Not sure they’ve been pulled to make nate Conor 3 speciafically, the whole things been a circus

Exactly, this is not the first time something like this happened either, gusstuffsan pulled out with a "minor injury" just a few months ago. But then dana comes out and says the injury wasn't minor he tore a hamstring. That was of course because the jones fight was becoming a possibility so the ufc made him pullout probably.

Agreed. When it was announced that Poirier had an undisclosed injury, the first thing that came to mind was Conor-Nate 3. Whatever it is, I'm confident that shenanigans are at play.

We're in an era where money fights mean more than being the Champ, and it sucks.

The UFC better watch it or their belt system will be completely useless. If you're not going to properly pay fighters, you sure as hell offer them a title to compete for.

The title system has to come back and actually be something. The #1 Contender position needs to mean something again. If the #1 contender gets beat, give them a mandatory challenger until the division jockeys for position. Sure do a Champ vs Champ every once in a while, but never let those fights tie up your divisions.

Frankly I could care less that a Diaz fight was cancelled. He's irrelevant. So is his brother. Let them go do ironman challenges now.

Back