Difference between Fedor's power and Legit HW power

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Look at the shots that Fedor hit Sonnen with. Those were absolute bombs as hard as he could wind up and throw them. Fedor's power sucks for HW. It's his speed -- connecting with 3 shots at a time -- and accuracy, as far as HW goes, that kills people.

Imagine mediocre HWs like Matt Mittrione connecting with these left hooks. Chael would be done in 1 shot. He survived like 20 of Fedor's though.

I wanted to make this thread because it's a common mistake that Fedor has this incredible punching power. He does not even though everyone else at HW does. He's just an incredible fighter and compensates for it with other skills.

OddballPlainCowbird-small.gif

TerribleCoordinatedDrafthorse-small.gif

pictures from this guy's thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fedor-vs-chael-gifs.3849211/

Tell that to Frank Mir, who even Brock didnt put unconscious. Old & fat Fedor did.

Fedor has knocked out heavyweights with one punch though. I think the X factor here is Chael Sonnen’s chin. He has never gone out cold

Not everyone has Rumble power. Do whatever you got to do to put your opponent out.

Not everyone has Rumble power. Do whatever you got to do to put your opponent out.
Nearly everyone but Fedor at HW has Rumble power. That actually wasn't true in 2005 when Fedor was at his peak. You had guys like Cro Cop, Josh Barnett, etc. But nowadays even rank 10-15 guys have it.

Look at the shots that Fedor hit Sonnen with. Those were absolute bombs as hard as he could wind up and throw them. Fedor's power sucks for HW. It's his speed -- connecting with 3 shots at a time -- and accuracy, as far as HW goes, that kills people.

Imagine mediocre HWs like Matt Mittrione connecting with these left hooks. Chael would be done in 1 shot. He survived like 20 of Fedor's though.

I wanted to make this thread because it's a common mistake that Fedor has this incredible punching power. He does not even though everyone else at HW does. He's just an incredible fighter and compensates for it with other skills.

OddballPlainCowbird-small.gif

TerribleCoordinatedDrafthorse-small.gif

pictures from this guy's thread: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/fedor-vs-chael-gifs.3849211/

Do you remember that time that Chael got KOd?
Nope, me either. His chin is as solid as the come. He's been overwhelmed with strikes and TKOd, but nobody's ever put him out.

Fedor can KO HWs; it's historically factual. Give Chael more credit.

Rumble couldn't knock out Arlovski

End this thread.

fedor is 42. may be you should talk about his weak power when he is 70 ?

lol wut

Fedor has knocked several people out cold. Rizzo, Rogers, and Arlovski all come to mind.

Worst thread of the day reward. Congrats

That top gif is a little misleading as it's cut off at the bottom. If you could see Fedor's feet then you can see he was off balance and not planted when he threw that punch, and it was with his lead hand.

Also important to keep in mind that he isn't exactly a huge HW to begin with. It's not really fair to compare him to guys like Carwin or Ngannou or even Mitrione.

That said; I think Fedor's power is fine but he's never had elite punching power. It's his speed and conditioning (when he was young) and throwing punches at weird angles, like Igor V, that helped put guys away.

I can only assume that the reason we are critiquing Fedor's punching power, at age 42, is that we've simply run out of Fedor-related topics at this point.

Do you realize that implying that Fedor hits fast but don't have power doing it sounds really stupid right?
I mean... thats basic physics buddy... speed is kind of important in that equation lol

Prime Fedor was Ko'ing legit roided HW, his power was great. But Chael in his entire career wasn't punched and dropped like that on the chin. He's a grinder, so most of his fights went to the ground; the only fight i remember Chael really beat up was against Marquardt.

that being said, it was his speed that made a difference in Fedor's striking. He was a small HW (LHW probably) and that's why he got so much success striking wise.

Back