Chael Sonnen's Top Three heavyweights of all time

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
1.Fedor
Werdum
Barnett

Says Fedor was fighting cans and fixed fights - > Picks all PRIDE veterans as top three.

I guess you have to give him credit for fighting anyone, anytime, anywhere. But then again, when you are also willing to tap to strikes against anyone, anytime, anywhere, protected by the ref..

1.Fedor
Werdum
Barnett

Says Fedor was fighting cans and fixed fights - > Picks all PRIDE veterans as top three.

I guess you have to give him credit for fighting anyone, anytime, anywhere. But then again, when you are also willing to tap to strikes against anyone, anytime, anywhere, protected by the ref..

Man, I love Pride as much as the next guy. BUT, Werdum and Barnett easily made their chops in the UFC as well.
Barnett started and essentially ended his career in the UFC. Werdum was kind of a promotional vagabond - Pride to Strikeforce to UFC

How does one pick Barnett over Nogueira outside of American bias?
I mean seriously, look at their resumes. I love Barnett but it isn't close.

Last edited:
Fedor fought a lot of cans he’s right about that. He didn’t fight fixed fights though, and he also fought a lot of great fighters along with the cans

Man, I love Pride as much as the next guy. BUT, Werdum and Barnett easily made their chops in the UFC as well.
Barnett started and essentially ended his career in the UFC. Werdum was kind of a promotional vagabond - Pride to Strikeforce to UFC
He’s still correct. They’re Pride veterans, as well as veterans of other leagues.

I would say that Barnett and Fedor are more strongly defined by their time in Pride, where as Werdum is more defined by his time in the UFC

1. Fedor
2. Fedor
3. Fedor

It isn't too late UFC...

Fedor
Big Nog
Cro cop

Cro Cop anywhere near the top 3 is ridiculous. Best HW he beat was Bsrnett and has ugly loss after ugly loss.

JDS, Cain, DC, Stipe, Werdum, and Reem all have far superior resumes.

Mir, Couture, Brock, and Carwin are all comparable.

I'm not mad at that list. Personally I'd replace Werdum with Cro-Cop but a case can definitely be made for Werdum.

The most accomplished HWs ever are Fedor, Nogueira, and Werdum.
It isn't close and I don't understand how anyone can bring up any other fighter.

Lol @ all these old heads picking Pride fighters

1) Werdum
2) Cain
3) DC

Is Chael the only person in the world who ranks Barnett top 3 all time??
Like sure he was good, but never better than everyone else and he's had what 5 failed drug tests (although chael would care about this)
In world with Big Nog, Randy Couture, Cro Cop, Cain, Stipe, DC, Reem
Even guys like Tim Sylvia and Arlovski could be considered better in their primes.

Cro Cop anywhere near the top 3 is ridiculous. Best HW he beat was Bsrnett and has ugly loss after ugly loss.

I'm fine with putting Werdum third, there are a few fighters one can make arguments for the third spot. Mentioning DC or Stipe is a joke though.

Cro cop has 52 fights with 39 wins over very good fighters and fought the two best in their prime. He had some rough patches but that doesn't take away from his whole body of work.

Everyone in this thread

tenor.gif

GTFO with that brock shit 5-3-1 isn't comparable to 37-11-3, also Carwin 12-2 litterly has no big wins on his record shot Mir IS his only legit name.
Vs Randleman, Coleman, Barnett not 1 but 3x Cro Cop has been leagues better then these two casual fighters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back