How did Ferguson go from 250k/250k to 155k/5k?

Raksas

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
At UFC 216 he earned 500k and 1 fight later on the biggest UFC card of all time he gets paid 155k? What kind of shit is that. Man I feel for the guy. He is already 34. He needs to get that big paycheck that will set him for life. UFC is doing him dirty.

At UFC 216 he earned 500k and 1 fight later on the biggest UFC card of all time he gets paid 155k?
Damn, is that really all he got? Crazy if true. I hope he got some PPV points to go along with the fight bonus.

Good thing you posted evidence of his pay to back it up

Fuck the UFC.

Dont ever buy their ppv unless they show fighters get a bigger piece of the pie.

Fuck Dana and his snow filled las vegas driveway...fuck wme shareholders!!!

Should've gotten a hell of a lot more for that last performance against Pettis.

They're punishing him for pulling out of the khabib fight, they offered him a finish bonus but he declined he said.

At UFC 216 he earned 500k and 1 fight later on the biggest UFC card of all time he gets paid 155k? What kind of shit is that. Man I feel for the guy. He is already 34. He needs to get that big paycheck that will set him for life. UFC is doing him dirty.

AC reports are rarely accurate to what a fighter makes for UFC & Bellator
it is 2018, you have to know this by now

And we all know that disclosed pay is the ONLY pay fighters EVER get . . .

Exasparated-Sigh-Eye-Roll-Reaction-Gif.gif

They're punishing him for pulling out of the khabib fight, they offered him a finish bonus but he declined he said.
The punishment for the fight was getting his title stripped, which apparently accounted for at least an additional $95k in base pay + pay-per-view revenue.

Most expensive sunglasses ever.

AC reports are rarely accurate to what a fighter makes for UFC & Bellator
it is 2018, you have to know this by now

Frankie I really like you man but come on, that backroom bonus bullshit is a scam and you know it. They're ripping fighters off.

He fought for a title at 216 and title bout agreements are almost always much higher than the contractual pay per the contract. The contract established a baseline minimum for all fights but each bout agreement can be higher (and is for title fights).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trentr...gregor-will-earn-largest-payout/#504779083da3

He's right. It says 150k to show 5k to win... that must be wrong, or Tony must have gotten some small PPV cut backstage.

I'm sure Tony must have made at least $1 million from the PPV.

Thanks. Him being right doesnt make it ok to just spit that out with no source. Its always good when these things are in the op imo.

Anyway, maybe it was because there was a belt on the line? Maybe because it was the main event? Maybe because it was put together to save that card? I dont know if these things would factor in, but thats all i could come up with.

Frankie I really like you man but come on, that backroom bonus bullshit is a scam and you know it. They're ripping fighters off.

You are all over the place
AC reports are not accurate ... that is known
But ...
That has zero to do with "ripping fighters off"
I post constantly the real numbers UFC paid fighters & yes its lower than it should be (13-17% of revenue) but it is also more than AC reports.

same with Bellator (as i said)

Back