Khabib turned down $15 million offer for Conor rematch, uncle says

OzoneX

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Alex Nurmagomedov, the Ukraine-based uncle of UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, said his nephew has a specific idea of what he wants to do next.

According to an interview published by Russian website Sport Express, Alex Nurmagomedov said Khabib was offered $15 million for an eventual rematch with Conor McGregor – but is not interested. Instead, he wants to fight former interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson to close out his career.

“From the start, they offered him 15 million if he agrees,” Alex Nurmagomedov told Sport Express (via Google Translate). “But Khabib said no. Let Conor stand in line, let him fight with others. Khabib wants to fight Ferguson, and then finish his career.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/uncle...15-million-for-conor-mcgregor-rematch-ufc-229
----------------
Good. I want to see Khabib vs Tony even though it won't do half the numbers the Conor rematch would.

If only the decision was Khabibs, he'll fight whoever the UFC tell him to fight.
I'd prefer to see him fight Tony so hopefully that's who the UFC wants too.
A second Conor fight will make a lot more money though.

Lol at the ufc offering 15m

No fing way

There were a few threads on this already.
there is zero chance UFC made any offer before they know the outcome of NSAC (who meets on 10/17)
The same uncle also said he was already fined which is obviously not true too

lol does Mcgregor even make that much? either way fighting Ferguson next is the best move hopefully that actually happens

"and then finish his career"?... He needs 4 defenses to break the LW defense record. He has had 1, just 3 more to go. I hope he doesn't retire before that.

With 3 more fights, he'll be 30-0 as well. But my hope is he defends the belt at least 5 times (which breaks the Strikeforce LW defense record).

Last edited:
Thats nothing

Nate Diaz needs at least $20 million for Conor McGregor

<OKC16>

Would rather see Khabib vs Tony. It has to happen. #1 vs #2

Alex Nurmagomedov, the Ukraine-based uncle of UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, said his nephew has a specific idea of what he wants to do next.

According to an interview published by Russian website Sport Express, Alex Nurmagomedov said Khabib was offered $15 million for an eventual rematch with Conor McGregor – but is not interested. Instead, he wants to fight former interim lightweight champion Tony Ferguson to close out his career.

“From the start, they offered him 15 million if he agrees,” Alex Nurmagomedov told Sport Express (via Google Translate). “But Khabib said no. Let Conor stand in line, let him fight with others. Khabib wants to fight Ferguson, and then finish his career.”

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/uncle...15-million-for-conor-mcgregor-rematch-ufc-229
----------------
Good. I want to see Khabib vs Tony even though it won't do half the numbers the Conor rematch would.

Couldn't agree ^^^ more f*king tired of the UFC trying to fast track this ass to belts he won't defend which we now see why for obvious reasons why he was so fearful to defend. Conor said Khabib won his belt from a real estate agent and he was still champ because Khabib never fought him for the belt. Well we can consider that fight Conor quasi 1st title defense and he got his doors blown-off. They should've gave Khabib Conor's 2 betls also for that ass whooping.

No more belt gifting to poser fighters let him fight in his division or f*k off...

Last edited:
If only the decision was Khabibs, he'll fight whoever the UFC tell him to fight.
Im not sure about that, being russian i know that in russia stuff works differently. once some ppl stand behinde u money is no longer an issue, status has already been gained tbh he needs nothing more from the ufc.

bir4usyry9s11.jpg

Fuck all that. Conor can wait on the sidelines, snort some coke, bang some whores and wait for the winner of the real fight.

The legend grows...he could take an easy rematch but wants to fight the no1 contender.

Take a stool, sit and learn about honour Conor you English speaking Irish fraud.

Wrong. Fighters can say no. And there is no way the UFC would strip Khabib for preferring to fight someone who actually deserves a title fight.

I would've agreed and smashed Conor again. Easy money.

Back