Dustin Poirier USADA

YewJan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
It has been mentioned that the new USADA policy is to not announce a possible substance violation but simply pull you from the fight. Fighters like Sean O’Malley have been open in disclosing that he has been flagged but this is no long er mandatorily to avoid situations such as the Josh Barnett one.

Could Dustin of been flagged and pulled from the fight by USADA, and given injury as an excuse while he fights the case behind closed doors?

Be gentle.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

Maybe the ufc gave him cash to pull out because they didn't want Diaz to lose and knew Conor was going to be raped.

Need that trilogy

I don't know what your angle is....I think USADA will disclose any reason if a fighter indeed violated rules. You can't pull out of a fight with an injury excuse if you're not injured....

Possible,but everyone said injury. Not sure how they plan to announce cancellations for USADA investigations.

Some people were throwing around some crazy rumor that Jones snitched on Diamond because of his Louisiana ties with D.Cormier. I mean, this is just getting crazy.

If there something more of a valid nature to it then that's a different animal but that's all that I heard.

Maybe. But it could also be a hip injury.

Dustin has too much honor to be lying to the public and his fans.

Especially when "tainted supplement" is an easy, go-to excuse.

bro the guy just said he had lingering injuries with his hip and probably aggravated it

It's one thing to not say anything. It's another to make up an injury. I think he actually is just injured.

And that policy is stupid for exactly this reason, threads like this.
Just announce it if a guy pops on both samples. Do an investigation, check his supplements, whatever, but announce it.

He specifically said it's a hip injury, that he's getting stem cell treatment and that he'll be good to go before the end of the year.

He said he has a hip injury. He's getting a second opinion tomorrow and the hope is it can be treated with injections and stem cells.

It has been mentioned that the new USADA policy is to not announce a possible substance violation but simply pull you from the fight. Fighters like Sean O’Malley have been open in disclosing that he has been flagged but this is no long er mandatorily to avoid situations such as the Josh Barnett one.

Could Dustin of been flagged and pulled from the fight by USADA, and given injury as an excuse while he fights the case behind closed doors?

Be gentle.
He already said it was a hip injury

LavishGroundedGrayfox-max-1mb.gif

Be gentle.

This is going to happen every time a fighter pulls out of a fight now

Back