Next Brazilian male UFC Champion?

Me&MrJones

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Last one: José Aldo (lost to Holloway at UFC 212)

Candidates:
- Raphael Assunção, however it'll be hard to jump Cruz and Garbrandt to get a title shot.
- Marlon Moraes, however it'll be hard to jump Cruz and Garbrandt to get a title shot.
- Paulo Costa, he's undefeated and ranked #8.

Edit:
- Renato Moicano, seems to be an alternate for UFC 231: Holloway vs Ortega.

I seriously don't see anybody else from Brazil getting close to a title shot at the moment, do you?

Last edited:
Not sure about men's MMA

But if Mackenzie Dern can pull together a few more wins then she'll capture the 115 pound belt for brasil

Paulo Costa

He's going to erase everyone on his way to the title. The only one who I see as a threat to him is Kelvin Gastelum. Romero isn't fighting at 185 again.

Candidates:
- Raphael Assunção, however it'll be hard to jump Cruz and Garbrandt to get a title shot.
- Marlon Moraes, however it'll be hard to jump Cruz and Garbrandt to get a title shot.

I seriously don't see anybody else from Brazil getting close to a title shot at the moment, do you?

Paulo Costa. i dont see any other with real posibilities in short term

iiXhTlb.gif

Cris Cyborg

I guess you could say the Brazilian prospects come in ‘ cycles’ ;)

I'm a big Whittaker fan but Paulo Costa looks pretty ominous.

Paulo Costa.

He is undefeated in the ring and againts USADA

Moicano?

I know he lost to Ortega, but he's looked pretty good besides that.

Maybe aldo pulls it off in LW.
Or jussier formiga at flyweight who just beat little Pettis

Uriah was piecing Costa up with that jab. Costa does well when pressured and had amazing body shots. Great to watch but want to see a couple of higher ranked fights before talking about titles.

The Brazilian domination in the UFC is dead, they have been exposed as frauds.

2017-UFC-Anti-Doping-Policy-Slider.jpg

Last edited:

Candidates:

Name some English fighters who are going to be champ anytime soon? name any Irish fighter going to be champ soon?
name a French fighter who will be champ,
name a German,
name a Belgium,
etc etc etc etc

Brazil used to hold champions in near every division

Back