DC on McGregors Wrestling

Arqueto

'luminous beings are we, not this crude matter'
@Gold
Reaction score

Some interesting points by DC:

Says McGregor defended about as well as he could, and that it surprised him how well he was doing.

He talks about how TD% doesn't really matter, it's about asking questions and forcing your opponent to defend.

Talks about what he expects from Lewis too.

Lol Conor fan. Take what you can get from that destruction king khabib gave conor

Yeah, he kind of defended for an entire round without taking damage ... but still losing.

Really weird how everyone is washing Conor's balls for not getting literally dying the second that fight hit the mat ... people are bending over backwards to give him credit for a fight in which he had absolutely nothing going for him and got fucking wrecked in every aspect of MMA.

Yeah, he kind of defended for an entire round without taking damage ... but still losing.

Really weird how everyone is washing Conor's balls for not getting literally dying the second that fight hit the mat ... people are bending over backwards to give him credit for a fight in which he had absolutely nothing going for him and got fucking wrecked in every aspect of MMA.
I think it's because everyone talked about how bad Connors grappling was leading to the fight and general concensus was Khabib would do what he wanted when he wanted on the ground but Connor actually had some resistance

This is true. Mcgregor did the right things to minimize Khabib's favorite positions and damage in the first round. With that being said, he is still far behind in terms of his guard game. Mcgregor is probably slick on the ground off his back but Khabib's top game is just so much better. He had Khabib in his guard and got mauled in that position in the second. You can't take so much damage and expect to have some pop in your shots.

I think people aren't pointing out the cheating Conor was doing enough, which led to him delaying the inevitable.

I must admit myself that I was surprised at how well he defended the first round, but by what went down in the second it was obvious he used everything he had defending.

Last edited:
This is true. Mcgregor did the right things to minimize Khabib's favorite positions and damage in the first round. With that being said, he is still far behind in terms of his guard game. Mcgregor is probably slick on the ground off his back but Khabib's top game is just so much better. He had Khabib in his guard and got mauled in that position in the second. You can't take so much damage and expect to have some pop in your shots.

Yes it was so good he had to cheat every round

So weird seeing Luke in Ariels spot

Also who cares how well he defended? If mcnuggets uses 100% of his energy in the 1st just defending takedowns then he loses the rest of the fight which is what we see happen.

He used too much energy defending

Oh, I took the the dip and played the video, mm I don't agree.

You watch the fight again on youtube and you will see many things.

First the whole movement thing about Conor (MISSING)

What did he prepare for exactly knowing Khabib is a wrestler, he should have at least done more work in breaking take-down structures with defensive blocks and strategies.

Watch Khabibs first take-down what does Conor do in defense nothing, his hands are up and looks down, when he should have bent over a little place hand on Khabibs left shoulder to push off and move to the side and clear the feet. Look basically Khabib was the better fighter on the day he studied Conor and prepared.

The hint was given by Khabib when he was moving to the left avoiding Conors Left this was a huge signal, because it meant that he did not want a standup fight but was going to wrestle him, if he had chosen to exchange hands it would have been a linear fight but he was circling.......anyway thats how it played out for Conor.

If I was made aware that the other fighter was a wrestler I would have practiced allot more my own wrestling skills and also master some key moves on blocking his pass. But this is why a rematch needs to be seen how good is Conor really, if he loses again its 100% Conor just rely's on his lucky streak left.....and nothing else.

Last edited:
I think it's because everyone talked about how bad Connors grappling was leading to the fight and general concensus was Khabib would do what he wanted when he wanted on the ground but Connor actually had some resistance

But Khabib DID do what he wanted and when he wanted to on the ground...

Resistance from Conor was largely due to him grabbing Khabib's shorts, gloves, and the fence to prevent or slow positional advances in LITERALLY every single round. He even did so in the round Khabib "lost". Even though he wasn't entirely "successful" on the ground, how much worse would he have looked if he didn't cheat?

Honestly, I predicted he would get GNP smashed in the 1st round so he did better than I thought he would.

Lol Conor fan. Take what you can get from that destruction king khabib gave conor

Lol at dismissing the opinion of one of the best fighters. Gotta love people who are so blinded by hate that they can't even accept the opinions of true experts.

Another one.

I'm sure your opinion on the fight is a lot more valuable than the opinion of an olympian double champ.

I was super impressed with Conor's wrestling. It was way better than I expected. He mitigated damage and didn't let Khabib get him in the super bad positions he's put many others in. Doesn't mean he's a great wrestler but he stopped Khabib mauling him as badly as we all thought it would be once they hit the ground.

yeah, it's strange because nobody would be impressed by Khabib's striking if all he did was stand there and block punches, which is the equivalent of what Conor did on the ground.

great, you didn't get completely ass raped on the ground, that doesn't mean much when you still lost every single second of the round.

But Khabib DID do what he wanted and when he wanted to on the ground...

Resistance from Conor was largely due to him grabbing Khabib's shorts, gloves, and the fence to prevent or slow positional advances in LITERALLY every single round. He even did so in the round Khabib "lost". Even though he wasn't entirely "successful" on the ground, how much worse would he have looked if he didn't cheat?
I think all the pros that are saying this were surprised that in round 1 with the amount of top control Khabib had that he didn't do any damage

I was super impressed with Conor's wrestling. It was way better than I expected. He mitigated damage and didn't let Khabib get him in the super bad positions he's put many others in. Doesn't mean he's a great wrestler but he stopped Khabib mauling him as badly as we all thought it would be once they hit the ground.

You were THAT impressed he was able to grab the fence, shorts, and inside of Khabib's gloves? He cheated in every way he could to prevent that ass beating on the ground...and STILL got dominated. I'm sure you were impressed with Kongo's nutshots too, huh?

Oh, I took the the dip and played the video, mm I don't agree.

You watch the fight again on youtube and you will see many things.

First the whole movement thing about Conor (MISSING)

What did he prepare for exactly knowing Khabib is a wrestler, he should have at least done more work in breaking take-down structures with defensive blocks and strategies.

Watch Khabibs first take-down what does Conor do in defense nothing, his hands are up and looks down, when he should have bent over a little place hand on Khabibs left shoulder to push off and move to the side and clear the feet. Look basically Khabib was the better fighter on the day he studied Conor and prepared.

The hint was given by Khabib when he was moving to the left avoiding Conors Left this was a huge signal, because it meant that he did not want a standup fight but was going to wrestle him, if he had chosen to exchange hands it would have been a linear fight but he was circling.......anyway thats how it played out for Conor.

If I was made aware that the other fighter was a wrestler I would have practiced allot more my own wrestling skills and also master some key moves on blocking his pass. But this is why a rematch needs to be seen how good is Conor really, if he loses again its 100% Conor just rely's on his lucky streak left.....and nothing else.
"But this is why a rematch needs to be seen how good is Conor really, if he loses again its 100% Conor just rely's on his lucky streak left.....and nothing else." Pretty sure Conor is more than just a left, however, losing to Khabib at lightweight does not mean much. Khabib is the greatest fighter of all time and many have been saying that for years. He has been fighting since he came out of his Mom's womb and is not the 1 dimensional fighter that many paint him as. No one is beating Khabib at 55, and that is cool, it does not mean Tony or RDA suck and are one dimensional if they can't beat him, just means Khabib is truly next level. The shame is, he only has one or two more fights tops.

I think all the pros that are saying this were surprised that in round 1 with the amount of top control Khabib had that he didn't do any damage

Again...he was grabbing shorts, grabbing the fence MULTIPLE times for extended periods of time, and illegally kneed Khabib all in that one round. Which would help a shit ton in preventing positional advances and strikes from Khabib.

Only thing that really "impressed" me about Conor in that fight was how blind his nuthuggers are, how biased the UFC can be openly, and seeing how far the fighters will go to stay in good with Dana. Even after he blatantly cheats numerous times in every single round, his nuthuggers, Dana/UFC, and some fighters pretend to be ignorant of all that.

I knew Conor would be pretty good at defending from his back. He's a flexible guy and you better believe since the Mendes fight, he has really wanted to improve his weakness.

His problem is, Khabib is a completely different level at grappling. I don't think Conor could ever get up to the standard to compete with him.

Back