GSP playing hardball with Dana: "Mentally, I don't want to fight right now."

Ghost in the Dark

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...-great-legacy-fights-eyes-khabib-nurmagomedov

image.jpg

"The motivation is not the same that it used to be. I don't have the same motivation to go to the lineup again and to fight my way up to another title. I'm done with this. I've done it for so many years.

You reach a point in your career where you want to do things different. That's why this fight with (Michael) Bisping was different because it was a superfight. For me, that's what I look for."

/

"The big issue for fighting for me is the symptoms of colitis. I have to get rid of my medication. Once I get the dose down to where I want it to be I'll make the decision. Right now I'm not ready to sign a fight deal as we speak. Mentally, I don't want to fight right now."

St-Pierre said there's a chance he could return in 2019, but he would do so only for the right opponent at the right time. He said the most interesting possibility would be against undefeated UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, who defeated Conor McGregor at UFC 229 by submission earlier this month to retain the title.

072_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_vs_Edson_Barboza.0.jpg

Last edited:
“The big issue for fighting for me is the symptoms of colitis. I have to get rid of my medication,” St-Pierre said. “Once I get the dose down to where I want it to be I’ll make the decision. Right now I’m not ready to sign a fight deal as we speak. Mentally, I don’t want to fight right now.”

Some are born fighters (E.g: Fedor) some are not(E.g: GSP)

Born fighter or not. He's still the GOAT.

I hope the Khabib fight happens. Georges would rearrange his face for 5 rounds.

Translation: My test cut to 155 went horribly and I might lose to the champions at 170 and up...I'll sit until there is someone more beatable in those divisions holding a belt.

He only wants easy fights. It is ok; he has done enough for the sport.

GS-mother-fuckin-P can do whatever the hell he wants.

He earned it.

I love seeing whiny haters.

He doesn't mentally want to fight. Yet he won the MW belt and said he would defend it. Yeah ok.

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...-great-legacy-fights-eyes-khabib-nurmagomedov

image.jpg

"The motivation is not the same that it used to be. I don't have the same motivation to go to the lineup again and to fight my way up to another title. I'm done with this. I've done it for so many years.

You reach a point in your career where you want to do things different. That's why this fight with (Michael) Bisping was different because it was a superfight. For me, that's what I look for."

/

"The big issue for fighting for me is the symptoms of colitis. I have to get rid of my medication. Once I get the dose down to where I want it to be I'll make the decision. Right now I'm not ready to sign a fight deal as we speak. Mentally, I don't want to fight right now."

St-Pierre said there's a chance he could return in 2019, but he would do so only for the right opponent at the right time. He said the most interesting possibility would be against undefeated UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, who defeated Conor McGregor at UFC 229 by submission earlier this month to retain the title.

072_Khabib_Nurmagomedov_vs_Edson_Barboza.0.jpg

Why doesn't GSP challenge himself by fighting Whittaker or Woodley?

LOL, it's obvious GSP wants an easy match-up.

The Khabib fight would be great, but a risky fight for the UFC...so I dont know..
If GSP wants the fight, he must be pretty confident it is an easy matchup for him, and GSP beating their lw champ would be very bad for the UFC...

I also doubt GSP can make lw, but if he can, and they make this happen, this will be by far the best fight in 2019.

"Mentally, I dont want to fight right now"

- said no GOAT ever.

Dude is all over the place like a mental recluse. Just a couple of days ago he told Ariel that there is a big chance he is fighting again in 2019

So what gives? He's flip flopping.

Last edited:
Seems clear.

1) He's not interested in fighting consistently to move up in ranks and earn a title shot. He did it for many years with success, and wants superfights at this late point in his career.
2) He is not ready right now, since he wants to first heal completely and get of Colitis medicine.

There is nothing wrong with that. He has certainly earned it. He also mentioned he is interested in fighting Khabib, but doesn't think the UFC will give him a shot. Dana has said as much.

Last edited:
On one hand i want him to have few more superfights and win them all and then retire.

Then again i know he is only taking favorable fights he has a high chance to win and style match. And i know he was also called ¨¨Safe pierre´´´for a reason. So in that way i hope that whoever he fights beats him badly.

But then again i dislike canderosn silva and think GSP having better resume looks awesome.

Hendricks broke GSP.

GSP is mentally destroyed and can't hang with the Big Bears no more.

hqdefault.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back