Tired of the narrative Nate is an easy fight for Conor

tonyDaTiger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Before Khabib many people would go around saying Conor is ducking legit contenders like Ferguson and Khabib. Now ppl still say the same thing that if he fights Nate he'll be ducking Ferguson, Kevin Lee etc.

Ferguson, Lee, Khabib rematch are tough matches I agree. Especially Khabib as we saw. But Nate finished Conor in TWO rounds, not four like Khabib. Conor barely survived the rematch 3 rounds to two in a Majority decision.

Nate is not an easy fight for Conor. Easier than Khabib , yes. We don't know yet how he'll do against other top contenders. And don't start with the Bs narrative that Conor ko's Nate at 155. Nate won't be 155 inside the cage after rehydrating. If they fight at 155 Nate will be at least 170 inside the cage. Their first fight Nate came under the limit at 169 with no weight cut. A 155 fight will have Nate as the same size as he was at UFC 196 after 24 hour rehydration. He will NOT be 155 inside the cage if they fight at 155.

He's not an easy fight for him at all, but he's the easiest matchup Conor can credibly take at LW when Ferg, Lee and Khabib are the other names for him.

Turns out Conor is not really all that good fighting at LW his natural weight class. Conor is a Nate level LW.

No one's saying that, one sherdogger said that and everyone already knows his agenda....
Don't buy into the trolls too much ts.

He's an easy fight for a lot of people but not Conor.

It sounds like you're already making excuses for Conor.

No he is not an easy fight for Conor, that was the problem, that's why he lost.

But Nate is an easy fight for the actual elite at LW like Khabib, Tony, and Kevin Lee. As well as the old elite like RDA and Benson, also some non-elite like Josh Thompson.

Really shows where Conor sits relative to the ACTUAL elite at LW.

Conor was finished in the first and ran in the second. Conor was and always has been easy for Nate.

The morons in this thread are astoundingly unknowledgeable of martial arts

Sherbro's need to stick to playing World of Warcraft

Not easy, but it is winnable.

I'd say it's 60/40 in nate's favor if Conor takes the fight seriously.

Honestly who is saying that? Because he choked out Conor in the first fight and narrowly lost a controversial decision in the second. But this is Sherdog so I’m sure there are those out there saying that.

Did you watch their first fights ? Where's that narrative

Before Khabib many people would go around saying Conor is ducking legit contenders like Ferguson and Khabib. Now ppl still say the same thing that if he fights Nate he'll be ducking Ferguson, Kevin Lee etc.

Ferguson, Lee, Khabib rematch are tough matches I agree. Especially Khabib as we saw. But Nate finished Conor in TWO rounds, not four like Khabib. Conor barely survived the rematch 3 rounds to two in a Majority decision.

Nate is not an easy fight for Conor. Easier than Khabib , yes. We don't know yet how he'll do against other top contenders. And don't start with the Bs narrative that Conor ko's Nate at 155. Nate won't be 155 inside the cage after rehydrating. If they fight at 155 Nate will be at least 170 inside the cage. Their first fight Nate came under the limit at 169 with no weight cut. A 155 fight will have Nate as the same size as he was at UFC 196 after 24 hour rehydration. He will NOT be 155 inside the cage if they fight at 155.
He's the best stylistic matchup.
Fergusen is probably second, because he's hittable and will brawl, but a better wrestler than Nate.
On the flipside, a loss to Nate at thjs point is probably the end. At least a loss to one of the other guys means he could try to rebuild.
I think losing to Nate, who hasn't been active and isn't a champ, and won't be, is harder to come back from.

Nate walks around at near 2 bills, nick even more... he looks a bit thicker than his brother.
I’d venture to think he’d be near 180, at least in the cage fight night.

If that fight went down, I’d actually put $50 to a $100 on Nate.

Last edited:
I'd rather Nate fight someone else first before a rubber match. It's not like Nate was ever looking like a real contender for the title before the first fight. He'd have good runs but never could make it to the title shot without getting outclassed by someone. If Conor is having problems with Nate and only realistically has a chance of beating one out of the top three in his division, then he's not elite. I mean sure that's still impressive in general, but he's massively overrated.

I'd rather Nate fight someone else first before a rubber match. It's not like Nate was ever looking like a real contender for the title before the first fight. He'd have good runs but never could make it to the title shot without getting outclassed by someone. If Conor is having problems with Nate and only realistically has a chance of beating one out of the top three in his division, then he's not elite. I mean sure that's still impressive in general, but he's massively overrated.
I agree. If Nate was able to beat someone in the top 5 before the rematch this buzz would be a lot bigger. Nate won't fight anyone besides conor now though. Too big of a risk if someone else punches his ticket first then the mcgregor fight could be gone!

I agree. If Nate was able to beat someone in the top 5 before the rematch this buzz would be a lot bigger. Nate won't fight anyone besides conor now though. Too big of a risk if someone else punches his ticket first then the mcgregor fight could be gone!
I get it's good pay day for him, but I thought he had more integrity than he has shown. It's kind of a fight in a vacuum. He wasn't even top 5 when he got the first fight, and that's been the only opponent for him in years. It has no real relevance for the division, if Conor wants the belt, he needs to fight some relevant competition.

Back