Daniel Cormier picks Jones over Gustafsson, says it ‘sucks’ to get stripped

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score
As soon as Jon Jones and Alexander Gustafsson have the cage door slammed behind them at UFC 232 on Dec. 29, 2018, Daniel Cormier will no longer be the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) “champ-champ,” as the promotion will strip “DC” of his light heavyweight title and reward it to the victor.

It’s a move that doesn’t sit too well with “DC,” but he understands the promotion must move on and allow someone else to take over the throne since he is currently holding on to the heavyweight title, as well

“I understand, but it does suck. It is what it is at this point. I’m not going to change it. What’s the point in wasting the energy on complaining. I’m just going to go into this thing at Nov. 3 as double champion and hopefully defend my title and then I will be the heavyweight champion of the world and move forward to the Brock Lesnar fight."

After knocking Stipe Miocic out earlier this year, “DC” had every intention to defend both belts before he retired. But since a bum hand forced him to the sidelines, the window of opportunity closed.

Still, he will technically be the first fighter to go into a fight as an official “champ-champ” when he defends his 265-pound belt against Derrick Lewis at UFC 230 on Nov. 3, 2018. As for the upcoming rematch between Jones and Gustafsson, “DC” says its an easy fight to pick.

“I think Jones wins the fight. I have never once shied away from the fact that he’s a fantastic fighter. He is a really talented guy. He obvious can go with me, keep up with me, he has obviously put in a lot of hard work, so, he must be a hard worker in that sense,” he said.

“I know that Alex, for as good as he is, too, Alex struggles in the big moments. This is a really, really big moment and he is going to have to fight to his level or above his level to try and win.”

https://www.mmamania.com/platform/a...&utm_source=twitter&__twitter_impression=true

908127978-1024x1024.jpg

When you hear that your belts are being stripped

Jones beats Jones again.. Or maybe just maybe has it together finally.. Or maybe Jones beats Jones again..

I don't really understand DC's criticism of Gus "struggling in the big moments".

I don't really understand DC's criticism of Gus "struggling in the big moments".
0-2 in title fights, failed to close both fights which could have gone either way.

Great fight.
DC should stay the champion and fight the winner.
But WTF do i know...

DC is salty. Of course he doesn't want Gus to be the first person to beat his biggest enemy.

<{fry}>

Perhaps this time Guss will fight above his level and get KTFO into a LHW champion.

USADA bless big moments.

It's good he's getting stripped of the LHW belt. He wants the Bork fight eventually and you can't hold two divisions hostage. Keeps the belts open and both of Cormier-Lewis and Jones-Gus are fun fights.

Love DC but I don't see Cormier making 205 again anyway

Ufc did DC dirty

Jones is the ultimate scum bag lol.

Unpopular Opinion: I fucking hate the UFC for stripping their dual champions. It's even worse when you have people with fake bullshit fucking interim belts walking around like that dumbfuck who tore his ACL while wearing sunglasses indoors.

DC knows in his heart, no one is beating Jones including himself

Edit: only USADA

They shouldn't strip him. Make the Jones gus fight for an interim.

Back