Conor McGregor’s coach issues requirements for Khabib rematch

Packe7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Conor McGregor’s coach issues requirements for Khabib rematch

"We’d have to go ... it’s kind of funny, to use a ridiculous analogy, it’s a bit like Rocky III. We’ve got this up and coming guy (Khabib) and I wanna go back to get the eye of the tiger, go back and train in an old school gym. Just disappear. Get me, Conor, Artem (Lobov), Peter (Queally), and that kind of crew, and just disappear for three months. Really put in a nightmarish training camp, an old school training camp. If we’re going to do it again, that would be my requirement to go ahead and do this again.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ufc/c...h/news-story/5065df7b1b6be045514b34b5031d4a8f

What do you all think?

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
I think the lyric: "Baby, when you broke my heart" fits. Just needs "and took my soul".

Money talks... He'll be back nightmare camps or not.

Not the website fuckers.

So no grappling sessions again?
200.gif

I’m sure his first requirement was ‘no wrestling’ but the ufc wouldn’t go for it. So he came up with this..

<HisEye>

Conor needs to get that looks in his eyes again.

He could spend 3 months on the moon... same result. Maybe worse since Khabib knows he can stand with him now.

Translation: Please, pleeeease don't leave me Conor!

the way it was worded sounds like certain demands must be met by khabib in order for a rematch; when really, it's because everybody's favourite human punching bag wasn't around to help conor.

GC0b4gq.gif

He shouldn't go anywhere near Khabib. Probably best to fight someone like Pettis, Aldo, Nate, Dustin...

He could spend 3 months on the moon... same result. Maybe worse since Khabib knows he can stand with him now.

Lol. One fake takedown overhand to a gassed Conor doesn't mean he can stand up with him

Is Artem Mickey in this scenario?

That’s a problem with coaches and fighters after the fighter gets rich. Fighter calls all shots, and if coach doesn’t like it he gets canned. Before the money the coach could push the fighter, and he’d have to shut up and take it.

Don't think it'll make a difference, Khabib will do the same, only quicker this time.

upload_2018-10-15_18-22-48.jpeg

Lol how are Conor, Artem and Kavanagh in a small camp together going to help him deal with Khabib?

Khabib was calling him out for 2 years. He had two full years to deal with this challenge, one training camp isn't going to cut it.

Khabib thinking he can stand with Conor increases Conor's chances, he wants him to stand with him.

That’s a problem with coaches and fighters after the fighter gets rich. Fighter calls all shots, and if coach doesn’t like it he gets canned. Before the money the coach could push the fighter, and he’d have to shut up and take it.

That's the nature of combat sports. Anytime the athletes pay the coaches, you are going to have this weird power dynamic. Tom Brady isn't paying Bill Belichick. Michael Jordan didn't pay Phil Jackson. It's hard to get the same level of respect.

Nothing says preparing for Khabib like training with Artem Lobov

FIRE SEAN SHELBY!

But I thought this last camp was the camp from hell. Preparing for war. War everyday in the gym. And the entire camp was isolated to Ireland unlike in the past when they would finish up in Vegas.

He already disappeared for this fight. He only did the presser like a week before the fight. Other than that he hardly did any media.

Back