You think Holloway makes it to UFC 231?

XThe GreatestX

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Because I don’t.......

Why he doesn’t move up to ligtweight is beyond me. Particularly after the health scare. He looked like he was half brain dead during that interview with bisping. No way this next cut to 145 doesn’t fuck him up worse

I has feelz 'bout this. I agree, something isn't right about the whole thing and we don't even know half of it, I'm sure.

I agree, I don't get it. It's not like he would be a small LW either.

He did an interview with Ortega recently and he still sounds a bit weird to me.

Apparently doctors are still following him and it's not a concussion. But they didn't figure out what it was either.

Damn bro, that’s f$&@ed up... not to say I haven’t contemplated the same thing b4
<{you!}>

Torn. I want to be entertained, but I dont want fighters dying in the ring either.

I agree, I don't get it. It's not like he would be a small LW either.

He did an interview with Ortega recently and he still sounds a bit weird to me.

Apparently doctors are still following him and it's not a concussion. But they didn't figure out what it was either.
I saw it . He still does sound a bit off

I dunno dude......

I'd have him as a favorite in that LW contender discussion. After Ortega, I don't see what's left for him at FW apart from a possible rematch with T-City in the event he loses the belt (which I can see happening).

I'd have him as a favorite in that LW contender discussion. After Ortega, I don't see what's left for him at FW apart from a possible rematch with T-City in the event he loses the belt (which I can see happening).
Not sure what you're talking about. There's plenty left for him at FW, he has 1 title defense. Winner of Mendes/ Moicano, Winner of Franie vs KZ, Zabit ...

I dont think so. Something seems off still.

Not sure what you're talking about. There's plenty left for him at FW, he has 1 title defense. Winner of Mendes/ Moicano, Winner of Franie vs KZ, Zabit ...

No disrespect to those fighters but his biggest challenge would be the cut. Great in racking up wins for the stat line but fights against Khabib, Tony, Conor and perhaps even a GSP have a lot more shine to them. That would be a run for the ages, more than Edgar, Mendes or Zabit.

I hope he does. Him vs T-Clitty is an amazing match up...a true fight fan, fight. That being said, it looks sketchy...he couldn't couldn't make LW vs Habib, had a stroke or some shit. We'll see.

It's sad how we all can see that something is wrong, but we still push these fighters to get back into the octagon. It's the same with Mark Hunt verbally stating that he has slurred speech and memory loss, but the UFC has no problem with sending him back out to cause himself further brain damage.

with all this depression stuff on top, I don't know.He and Ortega cut an enormous amount of weight and both very young so their frames are only going to get bigger.

I hate to use max' s unfortunate s as a wagering tool but I'm inclined to put a token wager on Ortega in a fight thats supposed to be close in first place

It's sad how we all can see that something is wrong, but we still push these fighters to get back into the octagon. It's the same with Mark Hunt verbally stating that he has slurred speech and memory loss, but the UFC has no problem with sending him back out to cause himself further brain damage.
People around these fighters need to start protecting them from themselves.

But at the end of the day, if these guys really want to fight, there isn't much anyone can do about it.

It was a short notice cut that he had problems on. Khabib had his incident in the Ferguson matchup and has been fine since, there is no reason to think Max won't be fine as well.

He fucking better because I bought a ticket for the event

No disrespect to those fighters but his biggest challenge would be the cut. Great in racking up wins for the stat line but fights against Khabib, Tony, Conor and perhaps even a GSP have a lot more shine to them. That would be a run for the ages, more than Edgar, Mendes or Zabit.

He has one freaking title defense dude.

I would happily drink water with Holloway.

Back