what's the deal with Fedor haters ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 512089
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 512089

Can't you just enjoy the ride? Fedor is 42 and still shining.

I remember looking up to him in 2004 when I started watching MMA. Thinking he was the strongest man in the world. For some of us it doesn't matter if he never fought in the UFC or blablabla, he's a legendary fighter, with a legendary career, never been in a boring fight ONCE, always comes to finish, legendary handspeed at heavyweight, outsized for most of his career.

Sure he has his losses but we'll always love Fedor anyway, he's just a legend that gave us and still gives us highlight reel fights.

Stop hating.

<Fedor23>

Fedor has incredible fights and is always a gentleman.

Criticism of him has largely been in response to people speaking on his behalf. Whenever someone gets a lot of hyperbolic praise there's backlash.

Last edited:
Almost no one really hates Fedor

It's the outrageous nuthuggery of his fans that I can't stand. I mean, there have been numerous threads created since he beat a washed up Chael about how Fedor would KO Stipe, Cormier, and Ngannou RIGHT NOW for fuck's sake

GSP is still the GOAT btw. I've said it many times since Fedor won last weekend, but consistency matters. GSP would never lose 3 straight, let alone get finished 3 times in a row.....in his early to mid 30s no less

GSP also beat consistently better opposition throughout his career while never having the luxury of "free fights" like Zulu, HMC, and Ogawa

More top 5 wins than anyone in MMA history. Speaks for itself

Stipe destroys any version of Fedor Emelianenko. Don't @ me.

ruz0xv.gif

They are probably bitter they did not get to experience the golden years of MMA

Any exceptional performer in any field will have haters. That's just how the psychology of a certain amount of the population works.

There a push back from his shitty fanboys (though there few in numbers these days)

He wasnt undersized, his best wins are CC and Big Nog both are the same size as him.

The first fight ive ever seen him in was vs Shiltz where i laughed at the chubby russian who looked like he barely trains, that was the last time i laughed.

Probably the best offensive fighters of all time, the most exciting fighter, well versed in every aspect of mma.

My only frustration with his fans is how they seem incapable of differentiating between GOAT and most exciting. Fedor had holes in his game, and any aspiring MMA'ist knows this, you dont see anyone coming up trying to be the next Fedor because you'll end up like Fedor at 33 really quick. How many times has his overly wild and aggresive style got him in trouble??

He does not have the greatest defensive skills, which fans appreciate from a spectators perspective.

Love Fedor, and i still rank him as the GOAT HW, but its hard to have an honest conversation about a guy when his fans over hype his accomplishments.

Almost no one really hates Fedor

It's the outrageous nuthuggery of his fans that I can't stand. I mean, there have been numerous threads created since he beat a washed up Chael about how Fedor would KO Stipe, Cormier, and Ngannou RIGHT NOW for fuck's sake

GSP is still the GOAT btw. I've said it many times since Fedor won last weekend, but consistency matters. GSP would never lose 3 straight, let alone get finished 3 times in a row.....in his early to mid 30s no less

GSP also beat consistently better opposition throughout his career while never having the luxury of "free fights" like Zulu, HMC, and Ogawa

More top 5 wins than anyone in MMA history. Speaks for itself

Totally agree that GSP is the GOAT. But Fedor is the most badass to me. He's been finished because he always comes to finish and never really gameplans, I respect that. GSP is the true classical GOAT but Fedor is the people's GOAT. We love him cause his fights are always action packed. Since 2001.

Totally agree that GSP is the GOAT. But Fedor is the most badass to me. He's been finished because he always comes to finish and never really gameplans, I respect that. GSP is the true classical GOAT but Fedor is the people's GOAT. We love him cause his fights are always action packed. Since 2001.
Well that's understandable

But I'm just someone who prefers to elevate facts and logic over opinions and sentiments (just my personality maybe), and I think the numbers undoubtedly favor GSP over any other GOAT contender, and by a fairly wide margin at that.

Were they "free fights" though really? Zulu was a 7-0, 6'7 400lb'er. HMC was a 7'2, 300+lb kickboxer, Ogawa was a 7-0 olympic level judoka who was again significantly bigger than Fedor. They werent elite opposition but its not like they were completely risk free fights either. Plus he fought Ogawa on the same night he fought Nog the 2nd time and the Zulu fight was one of 4 in a 12 month period which included facing Nog and Cro Cop.

Were they "free fights" though really? Zulu was a 7-0, 6'7 400lb'er. HMC was a 7'2, 300+lb kickboxer, Ogawa was a 7-0 olympic level judoka who was again significantly bigger than Fedor. They werent elite opposition but its not like they were completely risk free fights either. Plus he fought Ogawa on the same night he fought Nog the 2nd time and the Zulu fight was one of 4 in a 12 month period which included Nog and Cro Cop.
The worst fighter that GSP fought in his UFC tenure is significantly better than all three of those cans

It’s the same situation like what happened with Conor, his fans are so annoying that they turn people off of him.

GSP got credit for stepping up to a pillow fisted 185lb'er, Fedor fought guys who were a foot taller and 100+lbs heavier than him.
Dude how many times do you need to be reminded that being 400lbs in MMA is not an advantage over a 235lb man

Size with that amount of fat especially is a disadvantage, and btw Bisping dropped Anderson Silva and knocked Luke Rockhold out. He was a dangerous fight for GSP, especially considering his takedown defense and excellent cardio.

Comparing a UFC champion and a perennial top 5 guy (Bisping) to out of shape jobbers like Zulu is a joke

When you're popular, you naturally begin to attract haters for no other reason than they just want to be different / controversial

hipster haters

I remember looking up to him in 2004 when I started watching MMA. Thinking he was the strongest man in the world.

Watching Fedor was awesome but lets not pretend like we don't know wtf actually happened. You thought Fedor was one of the strongest men in the world and he probably was one of the strongest men in the world because he was probably jacked to the gills on PED's. He fought in an org that encouraged steroid use and not only that we know that some of Pride's fights were works. The icing on that shit cake is they went bankrupt because of the their ties to the Japanese mafia.

Back