Banned
Reaction score
I just looked on the main card.
3 out of the 5 fights are women.

WOMEN

Joanna Jędrzejczyk vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Cláudia Gadelha vs. Nina Ansaroff
Jessica Eye vs. Katlyn Chookagian

On top of that if you take all the main event fighters and add up their last 5 fights with wins vs losses they are 34-16. 10-0 come from the main event.
Why are you putting fighters with records of 9-5 and 13-6 on a PPV?

Eryk Anders vs. Elias Theodorou is on the card but they are on the prelims???
Why would you put Anders on a prelim as well as Elias who is from Canada?

The PPV is
Max Holloway VS Brian Ortega
Joanna Jędrzejczyk VS Valentina Shevchenko
Cláudia Gadelha VS Nina Ansaroff
Thiago Santos VS Jimi Manuwa
Jessica Eye
VS Katlyn Chookagian

Dana can say all he wants that well theres two belts on the line. No there isn't.

pipe down buddeh the bout order isn't set yet

Hard to tell because anything without Conor absolutely bombs on PPV.

Hard to tell because anything without Conor absolutely bombs on PPV.
Sad truth.
Which I personally can't relate to.
I am sick of looking at Conor's face. Sick of seeing him in some silly suit and never liked that hideous tattoo on his chest.
I guess the general population love all that though.

The title does say,"If UFC 231 stays the same". Stop throwing up on me.

Also I don't look at the ufc.com site for info because they are never up to date.
I use a different site where I pick bouts.

The UFC is idiotic for not having a credible replacement on the card for Holloway, who is more likely to pull out than fight at this point. They have been burned so many times, this should be standard practice by now.

Frankie Edgar should be fighting on this card instead of a fight night card a few weeks earlier. Hopefully, they'll have Aldo on standby if and when Holloway pulls out, and hopefully they got that language into Ortega's bout agreement this time, so he can't turn down a replacement again.

At this point, it's probably better to just enjoy the events however possible instead of being overly concerned with how much they are going to sell. Especially for an event like this where no one on the card is alleged to be a significant draw.

Easy event to skip. Bellator is better than this shit.

The UFC is idiotic for not having a credible replacement on the card for Holloway, who is more likely to pull out than fight at this point. They have been burned so many times, this should be standard practice by now.
#4 Renato Moicano vs. #5 Chad Mendes is a credible backup bout.

Last edited:
At this point, it's probably better to just enjoy the events however possible instead of being overly concerned with how much they are going to sell. Especially for an event like this where no one on the card is alleged to be a significant draw.
My way of thinking.
The card has Bochniak on it. I'm sort of a lukewarm fan of his after his psycho mode against Zabit.
Hell, if that fight was a five rounder, I think Bochniak could've won it. Zabit came across gassed during the final 20 second war between them both. Bochniak looked like he was extra charged for more.
Other than that, I'm only interested in seeing how Holloway/Ortega plays out. Not just the fight, the pre weighing antics and all that. I want to see how drained those two look before the fight.
Oh yeah, I'm also a fan of Renato Moicano. He should be able to beat Chad Mendes handily.

Well...for consolation, I think this will do better than UFC 228, 180k buys

I can never understand someone who accepts and enjoys wmma. Never.

I can't see a Max PPV doing less than the 180k or whatever the recent low one was.

240 would be my prediction.

Looks like an amazing card. Can't wait!
It will do really well I bet. Schev is often times called the female Anderson Silva, and she is facing former UFC champion Joanna Champion for a UFC belt. As we all know, a UFC belt being on the line is pretty legit as if the matchup in itself wasn't crazy enough.

Other than the main event, we have the two smoking hot vixens Claudia Gadelha vs Nina Ansaroff, two legit top 3 talents whose fighting skills sometimes are overlooked due to the fact they could have become models if they didn't have such a strong desire to fight. Even I, who hate bigoted sexist pigs, have a hard time not mentioning their looks.

Then we have what will most likely be the fight of the night - the always dangerous Jessica "Evil" Eye facing the force that is Kaitlyn "Blonde Fighter" Chookagian. Both just entering their fighting prime, hungry to prove their worth.

Back