Did Punk accidentally give away Khabib's gameplan on Schaub's Podcast?

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
It may be the obvious gameplan to many people, but still interesting coming from a guys mouth who is in the camp.

Thompson referenced the Cain/JDS Rematch and Couture/Toney fight. He stated how Cain and Couture both used the same gameplan. They shot low level singles from the outside in the first round. It will look bad, but it will tire Conor out even if he avoids them.

r7umf6.jpg

This is interesting to me, as opposed to a clinch and push to fence gameplan in round 1.

@ 1:29:45

Everyone knows Khabib's game plan, he even says it himself.

Same as UFC 219.

It's not like Khabib is going to do anything special that we haven't seen before.

More head movement + forward pressure is his best bet to get Conor to the cage. Bet that's what Conor is expecting, we'll see if he can stop it.

It may be the obvious gameplan to many people, but still interesting coming from a guys mouth who is in the camp.

Thompson referenced the Cain/JDS Rematch and Couture/Toney fight. He stated how Cain and Couture both used the same gameplan. They shot low level singles from the outside in the first round. It will look bad, but it will tire Conor out even if he avoids them.

r7umf6.jpg

This is interesting to me, as opposed to a clinch and push to fence gameplan in round 1.

@ 1:29:45

if you watch khabib fight why would this be a big secret?

I thought maybe he may be looking to clinch in the first. Since Conor is so quick and elusive on his feet.

Wow I can’t believe it took all the way to fight week to figure out that Khabib will try to land TDs.

TS, Schaub, JT, are all onto something here guys.

lobov leaked conor's gameplan...he said he wanted to keep it standing

Wow I can’t believe it took all the way to fight week to figure out that Khabib will try to land TDs.

TS, Schaub, JT, are all onto something here guys.
There are different ways. I thought maybe he would try and do what GSP did to Penn in the rematch. Grind him on the fence for a round to wear out his arms and fatigue him.

"Keep your head as far away from Conor's hands as you can" sounds like a pretty solid gameplan to me.

If he were fast enough, I'd tell him to just army crawl around the cage until he gets a leg.

giphy.gif

I thought maybe he may be looking to clinch in the first. Since Conor is so quick and elusive on his feet.
Maybe he will maybe he will not you never know whats going to happen until they fight.

Pretty hard for Conor to stop this unless he has developed Yoel Romero like knees or grew hands out of his feet

It's going to be a loooooooooooooooooonnng night for him

Maybe that's his take on what Khabib will or should do. Not sure if any training partner or AKA member will get to know such details.

Also I doubt they only have that one idea.

This is all smoke and mirrors because Khabib is gonna KO Conor stiff and shock the world.

Khabib himself said he would try takedown after takedown. Chain wrestle one takedown attempt after the last until he got him down or wore Conor out. That's his best strategy.\

If Khabib stands with Conor he is an idiot.

because hes really good at clinch takedowns, he typically doesn't shoot for the single from range all day to tire his opponent out

if you watch khabib fight you know the difference. Still plans on taking him down, but its a different style of takedown from him, and safer option. Helps avoid the big left coming in low like that from the outside instead of running in chin high to get a clinch like he does tend to do

We will see tippy toes Penn style in this fight this info comes from a reliable source I can't name.

Back