Prime Yves Edwards....

better than guys like Pettis or iaquinta, i'm assuming he would be a better conditioned and a little bit more well rounded guy if he had his prime on this day and age. He lost his very competitive fight againt Hansen literally in the last 20 seconds... And Hansen was a top 3 for sure. Of the lightweights back then i personally think only Haansen could trouble Bj Penn.
Yves Edwards would probably be similar to a guy like Porier, very well rounded but with some holes to exploit still.

He had great high kicks and was pretty well rounded..but I think a strong wrestler/grappler types beats him...clay Guida, khabib, prime diego Sanchez,Diaz ETC

Wicked video though

Look how casually steve mazagatti behaves after Thompson got kicked to bolivia... That is some bad ref there.

Best collection of LW's, half these guys in their prime could contend for the title today.

PRIDEBUSHIDO9.jpg

better than guys like Pettis or iaquinta, i'm assuming he would be a better conditioned and a little bit more well rounded guy if he had his prime on this day and age. He lost his very competitive fight againt Hansen literally in the last 20 seconds... And Hansen was a top 3 for sure. Of the lightweights back then i personally think only Haansen could trouble Bj Penn.
Yves Edwards would probably be similar to a guy like Porier, very well rounded but with some holes to exploit still.
Member when Zuffa low balled Hansen and Hansen won the Dream Tourney? He was on a rampage that night.

I say he drops down to 145 given the option.

He'd be a beast... Thugjitstu was legit.

Member when Zuffa low balled Hansen and Hansen won the Dream Tourney? He was on a rampage that night.
But that probably was for the best, Hansen had terrible takedown defense or just didn't care about defending them... Guys like Guida and Sherk would want to hug him to the ifinite.
But was someone more active and harmfull from his back than Hansen? Him with elbows allowed would be sick... I remember him passing a entire fight on his back agaisnt JZ and he still oustriked the dude by alot got his back at the end of the fight and pounded his head.

Last edited:
I did a striking seminar of his not that long ago. He is still a machine. If he was in his prime today he would definitely be top ten at least.

Excellent post

Probably fights at 45 if he was around today. And FWs like Ortega and Holloway would still dwarf him

I think he'd do really well though. Very well rounded, solid fighter

FW is a weird division to predict a ranking since the current rankings are weird (a lot of guys lower ranked who would beat some of the higher ranked guys) but he'd be a top 10 guy imo but not a title contender guy

Thugjitsu for life. I agree he'd likely be at FW and would just add to the bunch of killers down there right now.

1omys2.gif

Yves could bang bruh

Just look at how damn beautiful this KO is

Yves+Edwards+Drops+Jeremy+Stephens+-+UFC+on+Fox+5.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back