Khabib vs McGregor aka Jones vs Gustafsson

RealMadridMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Khabib vs McGregor reminds me so much of the Jones vs Gustafsson fight.

Khabib has never fought anyone with good boxing like Conor, no M Johnson does not have good hands, he is fast and throws a lot but that's it.

Jones had never fought anyone that had great boxing like Gus.

Everyone was saying Jones was going to take Gus down whenever he wanted to and smash him with hellbows, leading to an early round TKO.

Everyone is now saying Khabib will take Conor down at will and smash him.

I don't think Khabib will take Conor down at will, I think it will be a hard fight for both. The fight just reminded me of Jones vs Gustafsson so much.

Cliffs:
People thought Jones would take Gus down at will
People now think Khabib will take Conor down at will
Both Gus and Conor are great at keeping distance.
Hard fight for both Khabib and Conor.

Just to add: Pettis will finish Ferguson. Guarantee it.

Khabib vs McGregor reminds me so much of the Jones vs Gustafsson fight.

Khabib has never fought anyone with good boxing like Conor, no M Johnson does not have good hands, he is fast and throws a lot but that's it.

Jones had never fought anyone that had great boxing like Gus.

Everyone was saying Jones was going to take Gus down whenever he wanted to and smash him with hellbows, leading to an early round TKO.

Everyone is now saying Khabib will take Conor down at will and smash him.

I don't think Khabib will take Conor down at will, I think it will be a hard fight for both. The fight just reminded me of Jones vs Gustafsson so much.

Cliffs:
People thought Jones would take Gus down at will
People now think Khabib will take Conor down at will
Both Gus and Conor are great at keeping distance.
Hard fight for both Khabib and Conor.

Just to add: Pettis will finish Ferguson. Guarantee it.

You "guarantee" it how? Like, if I bet on Pettis finishing Ferguson and that doesn't happen you'll give me my money back?

Last edited:
What a shitty analogy! You should be ashamed of yourself ...

Chad Mendes didn't have a problem taking Conor down. and he is like 3 ft 5

It reminds me of Fedor vs Cro Cop. Only Fedor was so far ahead of Khabib it's comical.

Kebab has better TDs than Jones, and Gus has better TDD than Conor. That said, Conor has a lot better striking than Gus, especially countering which will be crucial against Kebab.

Scoring 3/7 isn't great and Chad has more succesful takedowns than anybody in WEC/UFC history. Khabib doesn't have a power double, just the clinch if he can get close enough and diving at the lead foot.

Phil Davis didn't have a problem either, which is why everyone said Jones would just take him down and smash him instantly.
There's a lot of similarities in this contest.

Scoring 3/7 isn't great and Chad has more succesful takedowns than anybody in WEC/UFC history. Khabib doesn't have a power double, just the clinch if he can get close enough and diving at the lead foot.

Khabib just needs 1 per round. There's more than 1 way to get a takedown, so a power double isn't needed.

I'd prefer Conor win, but I don't see khabib having any trouble taking it to the mat if he can somehow close the distance and avoid "the left hand shot"

Khabib just needs 1 per round. There's more than 1 way to get a takedown, so a power double isn't needed.

I'd prefer Conor win, but I don't see khabib having any trouble taking it to the mat if he can somehow close the distance and avoid "the left hand shot"

You"re talking about the clinch now

Thw wrist control won't be an issue so Khabib will have to rely on trips and tosses and that's quite an ask when you'll have a short window of opportunity against the better fighters.

Back