Ken Shamrock Can Save UFC 230

Will you let Ken Shamrock fight at UFC 230?

• Total voters
A

AronaBeatsJones

Say what you will about Shamrock, there has never been a more consistent draw in MMA than Ken.

He broke the UFC PPV buyrate record with UFC 40 opposite Ortiz, broke the TUF rating record with the GOAT season, broke the PPV record again with UFC 61, did the highest TV rating ever in the history of MMA at that time with the trilogy fight against Ortiz, and did two of Bellator's biggest TV numbers in just the last couple of years.

I'm going to hear a lot of bullshit ITT about "oh, he's too old," or "he's not top 5..." GTFO. It's not always about titles and top five fights. This is a business, and sometimes you book things to draw big money. Ken Shamrock has never failed in that regard.

Just let Ken fight

5dd0788b-ken-shamrock-yoked.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you will about Shamrock, there has never been a more consistent draw in MMA than Ken.

He broke the UFC PPV buyrate record with UFC 40 opposite Ortiz, broke the TUF rating record with probably the best season yet, broke the PPV record again (beating his own record) with UFC 61, did the highest TV rating ever in the history of MMA at that time with the trilogy fight against Ortiz, and just did two of Bellator's biggest TV numbers in just the last couple of years.

I'm going to hear a lot of bullshit ITT about "oh, he's too old," or "he's not top 5..." GTFO. It's not always about titles and top five fights. This is a business, and sometimes you book things to draw big money. Ken Shamrock has never failed in that regard.

Just let him fight

5dd0788b-ken-shamrock-yoked.jpg

Against Dada 50000?

1 yellow for the OP will be sufficient

UFC 230 has already 4 top fights + other interesting fighters (Lando)

Saved?!?!
It has no WMMA, it has already been saved.

....what? <{MindBrown}>

This has got to be one of the weirdest mornings on sherdog ever
Threads about Conor kissing his coaches...about how good his body looks...wait never mind it's pretty normal.

Bas Rutten talks about Shamrock like he was some kind of mythical beast back in the day...

He was, but for me, Bas is the king of MMA knowledge - and the fact he had so much fear and respect for him makes Ken even more legit to me.

Last edited:
My troll threads get wastelanded way faster than this

30 minutes and this is still standing...

I heard Fred Ettish has been working on his ground game. Make it happen, Dana!

There are women in the UFC who would beat Ken Shamrock.

Bas Rutten talks about Shamrock like he was some kind of mythical beast back in the day...

He was probably the best fighter in the world after he beat Severn (their first fight). Show some respect and stop looking at mid-1990s NHB using 2018 MMA standards. It was a different world back then and he was a beast at the time.

Back