Any chance the UFC are waiting to see if 230 sells out this week as it stands

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
And adding a Main Event only if ticket sales are poor?

Tickets go onsale today, so I think if tickets sell quick today they will keep it how it is and only add a main event if the event needs help moving tickets.

Harpopotomus confirmed, thru his 100% denial, that Nate and Dustin are fighting for the 165lb strap as the main.

I hope the live gate is underwhelming. you can't expect to fill up the garden with this card compared to your last two events there

I'm thinking my prediction could be true.

Good sales tomorrow = Diaz vs Dustin main event

Poor sales tomorrow = they add a fight.

Any word how presales have gone so far?

Harpopotomus confirmed, thru his 100% denial, that Nate and Dustin are fighting for the 165lb strap as the main.
Please fck no.

Wtf, if 165 happen
At the very least,
170 need to become 175...

Thanks. Somehow missed that, seems weird how Yoel said he was too injuried to fight Costa on 230. But I guess a title shot can help mask injury pain.

How many more title shots does Yoel get before he becomes the new face of the Randy Couture gets infinite title shots meme?

I'm thinking my prediction could be true.

Good sales tomorrow = Diaz vs Dustin main event

Poor sales tomorrow = they add a fight.

Any word how presales have gone so far?
That's an interesting idea @Meathead Jock .

Does anybody ever recall anything like this before? Meaning .... put tickets on sale to a PPV with NO stated Main Event and then on the basis of the initial sales decide to leave the card as it is or add another fight in (at the top of the card?).

It's just beyond weird.
- And it's New York, for God's sake. Hi-profile PPV event.

Imagine how big the Nate-Poirier fight could be if the UFC just had a bit of foresight and actually marketed someone other than Conor...what a shame.

They need to add something, anything worthy of being on a ppv main card.

As it stands what is the 5th main card fight? Any ideas??

luke vs weidman would be good main
Hell yes! Weidman obviously is from that area, and those guys have history.

I'd be fine with that :
1. Either have Weidman vs Rockhold as the Main event
OR
2. Put Weidman v Rockhold as the co-Main and promote Poirier vs Nate to be the 5-round Main event.

and do some hard marketing of that, once UFC229 is over.
Matt Serra is on Weidman's team and he's good buddies with Dana. Maybe Matt can help Weidman out and bug Dana to put his boy Weidman as the Main-event? It SHOULD help ticket sales : New York local boy versus Rockhold. Time for Revenge, all that stuff.

Well this whole main event fiasco made me change my mind about going.

The card itself is weak compared to the last 2 MSG shows.

I'm sure there are other people in the same boat as me.

However, if they add a real good fight I might change my mind. I don't see this selling out as is.

The PPV money is far more important than the gate
I just think they are having fucking issues lol

Thought this tweet by Iaquinta was amusing :

Back