Pettis could beat Tony dominantly and I'm worried

Rdude92

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
"A fighter is only judged by his last fight"
And Pettis have been phenomenal in his last performance, while Tony had just returned from his terrifying injury.
I want Tony to win, so he could rightfully challenge for the title but I'm doubtful of his ability. I give him a 55% victory. Thoughts?

Either Tony is good enough or he isn't - relax bro and enjoy the fights.

He can't dick ride his way to title shots like some others.

It's a great match-up between two absolute HIT MEN at 155.

May the best man win.

And Pettis have been phenomenal in his last performance, while Tony had just returned from his terrifying injury.
I want Tony to win, so he could rightfully challenge for the title but I'm doubtful of his ability. I give him a 55% victory. Thoughts?

Aside from a low chance KO there is no way Tony is getting dominated. I give Tony a much higher chance here. I feel like Tony is going to bully him most of the fight.

It's a great match-up between two absolute HIT MEN at 155.

May the best man win.

It really is. Pettis is dangerous off his back and phenomenal if you give him space to work on the feet and Tony is very hittable and hurtable but he puts up a relentless pace and pressure which is a style Pettis struggles with.

Would love to see Anthony pull it off but it's a great clash of styles and could go either way.

Lol dominated is a bit of a stretch unless he gets knocked out. He wasn't knocked out by Barboza who has better kicks so I wouldn't necessarily be worried. I could see him lose a round, maybe even two though. He pretty much gives up the first. If he keeps the pressure on Pettis he should be able to edge out the win.

Ferg is the best LW on the planet.
Can't wait to see him back in the cage. Definitely in my top 5 favorite fighters to watch.

Coming off a serious injury and long lay off I expect some rust, but I feel confident he'll take a W home.

If he can't beat Pettis in 2018 he doesn't deserve to be close to a title shot.

If anyone beats him after an injury like that (due to his being unable to recover from the injury) I’m sure the UFC would like it to be Pettis. They can hype that Matrix kick to the moon in a fight against McGregor or Khabib.

I'd be delighted because it would mean the Pettis of old had resurrected; he was one of my favourite fighters. I don't think it's in the cards, though: Pettis has mostly looked weak against top competition since he lost the belt.

I can't see that happening at all, pettis has been really underwhelming lately. also ferguson is miles beyond chiesa, so there's that

Unless Tony is completely crippled, I see him winning this fight comfortably. Pettis has been declining for years.

It's 3 rounds so he can easily do enough to get the decision

I think Tony is going to win this pretty dominantly.
Pettis has been alternating wins with losses, yes he had a good showing in his last fight but that was against an overweight and one-dimensional fighter.
Ferguson is on a 10-fight win streak.
It's MMA so never say never, but I don't see it happening

Never get nervous for a fighter. There are better things to be concerned about in life.

I bet a little bit on Pettis last weekend in Vegas because he was +280. Tony is hittable and I do think Pettis has the better striking and has good enough BJJ not to get subbed, and Tony's coming off that nasty injury. However Tony is way tougher, has way more heart, and doesn't wilt like Pettis. Not super confident due to Pettis's lackluster record as of late, but still think he matches up well with El Cucuy.

A lot of people over rate Tony's stand up which is awful and someone like Pettis can take advantage of that. Think Pettis has a chance

Yeah but Edson never kicked Tony cleanly

That's like saying "Ngannou couldn't KO Stipe so DC can't"

Yeah, but with Tony's pressure, I don't see Anthony being able to do so either. It's not a pick'em fight whatsoever, but it is Anthony's easiest and probably only potential win in the top 5 today, and it should be a fun fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back