No main event for 230 decided yet and Volkan is Russian

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
eft77By_d.jpg

<31><36>

Conor will defend his belt against Tony Lee unless he drops out then it's Edson Porier

It's looking like it will just be Diaz vs Poirier.

Great fight.

But wish the UFC just announced this as the headliner in the first place.

This whole buildup is looking like a giant letdown.

It's looking like it will just be Diaz vs Poirier.

Great fight.

But wish the UFC just announced this as the headliner in the first place.

This whole buildup is looking like a giant letdown.
Im sure it will, but its UFC on Fox main event at best. Not PPV main event material. Will stream.

Im sure it will, but its UFC on Fox main event at best. Not PPV main event material. Will stream.

I was actually gonna go this year.

Was hoping for Jones vs Gus or Woodley vs Covington.

Will stream now. The card is actually very weak compared to the last 2 MSG shows.

I was actually gonna go this year.

Was hoping for Jones vs Gus or Woodley vs Covington.

Will stream now. The card is actually very weak compared to the last 2 MSG shows.
They need to fire whoever is in charge of signing off on PPV lineups. So inconsistent. One PPV there is two belts on the line, next PPV there is none. WTF kinda shit is that?

And yes last PPV was only one belt, but there was supposed to be two belts on the line.

We’ll probably all be wrong and they’ll stick some wmma ‘title’ fight on it...

Hoping for TJ vs Moraes though.

They need to fire whoever is in charge of signing off on PPV lineups. So inconsistent. One PPV there is two belts on the line, next PPV there is none. WTF kinda shit is that?

Part of it is the UFC the other part is fighters accepting fights on certain dates, and since everybody on steroids (Nate Diaz quote) then they book around their cycles.

It's on par with the others. Even if they don't get a big main event.

I mean, 205 was pretty meh for me. I dug the main event, but I remember 206 afterwards - which was completely shat upon beforehand and went completely under everyone's radar - ended up beiing 10x more fun. Masvidal/Cowboy, Swanson/DHC, Holloway/Pettis, Kelvin's descent into MW vs Mr. Olympia Tim Kennedy + Cirkunov schooling Krylov and Lando doing his best Barboza impression in the prelims - it was the most fun I had that year watching an entire card from start to finish.

Then last year GSP/Bisping - what else was there besides the main event and The Eraser being sexy and meat cleavering Hendricks into a living Bolivia? Duffy/Vick was alright, too, I guess.

A middleweight tournament + Diaz/Doostin sounds like it has potential to be the most entertaining MSG card they've made. Lacks a big name, but isn't as top heavy either. Right now I don't wanan miss any of it.
You're trippin.

205 had 3 title fights, the top 2 were very highly anticipated. It also had Yoel, Khabib, Frankie, Miesha, Cowboy/Gastelum called off on fight week but still booked.

217 wasn't quite on 205's level but it delivered 3 great title fights. 230 will deliver 0 great title fights & Jacare/Branch does nothing for me. Nobody was asking for Rockhold/Weidman 2.

Volkan is a Swiss Turk you morons. They used the wrong flag because they thought he was Volkov.

Part of it is the UFC the other part is fighters accepting fights on certain dates, and since everybody on steroids (Nate Diaz quote) then they book around their cycles.
WTF kinda excuse is that? Its pretty simple, you get your main event signed before you even announce the event.

WTF kinda excuse is that? Its pretty simple, you get your main event signed before you even announce the event.

They book venues out a long time in advance, things change monthly in the fight game unless you want to go back to 13 cards a year.

They book venues out a long time in advance, things change monthly in the fight game unless you want to go back to 13 cards a year.
I have no issue with 1 stacked card a month. I actually would look forward to it. We have other orgs like Bellator to fill in the rest of the month.

I have no issue with 1 stacked card a month. I actually would look forward to it. We have other orgs like Bellator to fill in the rest of the month.

I'm with you, but because they have TV deals and fightpass they have to book a fuck ton of venues in advance and sometimes we just get fucked on cards.

I'm with you, but because they have TV deals and fightpass they have to book a fuck ton of venues in advance and sometimes we just get fucked on cards.
That's understandable, but the PPV should be the last event that suffers if they expect people to keep buying them. $65 is a lot for a PPV that doesn't even have a belt on the line. I used to buy every PPV back in the day, I honestly only buy PPV's from my cable co when i really want to see one. Streams are unreliable even the legit ones like fight pass, ect..ect. I have no problem buying cheap quality streams with my Mag for fights i can care less about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back