Dustin poirier calls for 165 belt @UFC 230

HoFF

Full Send
Banned
Reaction score
A7AE6C46-E977-4E98-85E3-C2011D4B7CB4.jpeg

Per MMAJUNKIE

I say why not lol ... Conor can fight the winner after he kills Khabib .... 6thOctober

B68ED9F0-2D0B-4B71-96AE-28DEB2C04760.jpeg

3 weight champ CONFIRMED

A79341AE-E27B-489B-94BF-AFED20E0F93D.gif

Last edited:
How did this happen lol

Edit: Conor vs GSP 165lb Belt confirmed

If Logan can cut to 165 Conor is fooked

Logan-Paul-Conor-McGregor.jpg

Weight-classes shouldn't be created for the sake of having a main event. Just make it a 5-rounder, everyone wants it.

165 is so close to 170.

Then we'd need a 160 for the guys closer to 155.

I know it sounds weird but.. 162?

There should be a 165lbs and 175lbs belt. Less guys having weight cutting issues.

I'm in, move WW to 175.

Even still, UFC 230 still needs another big fight. It's an ok card but nowhere near 205 or 217. There are only 4 ppv worthy fights as it stands because the prelims are pretty sad.

Last edited:
Weight-classes shouldn't be created for the sake of having a main event. Just make it a 5-rounder, everyone wants it.

Considering the event is at MSG, they may be contractually obligated to have a title fight on it.

Considering the event is at MSG, they may be contractually obligated to have a title fight on it.

<mma4>

I've never heard that before but if true that's pretty huge. I'd still rather them create some random interim nonsense for one of the divisions than an entire new weightclass.

WTF?? No.. WTF is going to fight at 165? Blow that idea out your ass.

A lot of fighters have begged for this division but these two are an odd choice, especially Porier considering he managed to fight at 145 so he can't be in too deep at 155. Nate I'm not sure considering he's a pretty big LW but hasn't had problems because of the Diaz's discipline.

They created an entire division for one fighter so them doing something like this isn't out of the question at this point.

Unless they can get Jon Jones, I'm not sure who would be available that's more popular than Nate. Seems kind of pointless.

Gotta not do this on short notice. If they want to realign it should be like this. Scratch 170, add 165, 175. Add 225 crusier, and remove heavyweight limit. Not some bullshit quickie cash grab to invent 165 belt when 170 is stacked with competent fighters, a dominant champion, and contenders in the wings. WME would really shit the bed if they fucked up a good thing by rushing it

View attachment 441723

Per MMAJUNKIE

I say why not lol ... Conor can fight the winner after he kills Khabib oct 6

View attachment 441729

3 weight champ CONFIRMED

View attachment 441727

A great fighter cannot jump to the front of the line for a title shot = create a new weight division?

Stupid idea. It was stupid when Lee was pushing for a 165 title. Dustin needs to stand in line, like everyone else in this deep LW division. If this 165 nonsense happens, by this time next year, there will be a weight class for every 2.5 lbs difference. There will also be a champion and an interim champ for each of these divisions. Clown shoes man...

Back