Khabib vs Alvarez who wins?

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Khabib had some trouble getting Al to the ground in their fight so he started using his jabs. Eddie is a great wrestler too and could probably stuff khabibs takedowns like Al did. He also has better boxing than al so I don't think khabibs striking would work on eddie.

Who wins? I take khabib if he can get Eddie down but Eddie would outstrike him on the feet.

I think Eddie has a good style against Khabib, but Michael Chandler gave Eddie problems with the grappling, so I'd go with Khabib. Great fight tho.

I feel like it would look similar to the iaquinta fight. I dont think khabib had trouble with Al’s wrestling. I think khabib felt like there was so little threat in that fight that he only focused on using his weaknesses. I think it would be the same thing with eddie. Just stay out of range and use the jab to keep him away.

I feel like it would look similar to the iaquinta fight. I dont think khabib had trouble with Al’s wrestling. I think khabib felt like there was so little threat in that fight that he only focused on using his weaknesses. I think it would be the same thing with eddie. Just stay out of range and use the jab to keep him away.

You think Al is better than Eddie?

Khabib by late sub or comfortable decision.

It just shows how little people know about wrestling, Ai gets compared to a High Shool wrestler while having wrestled in College.

khabib would toy with him . alvarez is good everywhere not great anywhere, when he fights a master in certain area he will get styled on like with conor

Khabib destroys him, Alvarez is a JV high school wrestler, Khabib took down a 3 time NAIA all American Trujillo 22 fucking times.

I think eddie can beat Al. I think khabib would have a similar gameplan though. Eddie is dangerous to anyone if he gets inside so i imagine the fight would look similar.

It would look like the Tibau fight except Alvarez would KO him when Khabib gets forced to stand with him.

I think Eddie has a good style against Khabib, but Michael Chandler gave Eddie problems with the grappling, so I'd go with Khabib. Great fight tho.

I honestly think Chandler is the best LW on the world right now

Kevin Lee or even Justin Gaethje would probably smash Khabib. I wouldn't count Alvarez out and would give him a better shot than Al, but there's guys that could do better.

people are gonna blindly say khabib, but eddie matches up pretty well with him.

obviously has better striking, great cardio, great TDD and ability to get back up, and he's just better than iaquinta.

Khabib destroys him, Alvarez is a JV high school wrestler, Khabib took down a 3 time NAIA all American Trujillo 22 fucking times.

This isnt goddamn wrestling. How many times have we seen elite KB'ers get KO'd by no names, elite wrestlers dominated in the grappling etc.
This is MMA.

Eddie is a nightmare matchup for Khabib.

Iaquinta went on a 5 fight winning streak in the UFC with 4 finishes. Alvarez got a title shot after 2 lackluster split decisions and one loss. At this point, Iaquinta > Alvarez

I'm not sure where this myth of "Eddie Alvarez, stellar defensive wrestler" came from but he'd get taken down by Khabib and beat up

Yes, Eddie hasn't been taken down much recently but a big reason for that is none of the guys he's been fighting have really tried to

I don't think Eddie would have taken half the beating Al did, for what it's worth.

Why make a thread like this that indirectly shits on Khabib?

You should just have the balls to state your opinion: Khabib sucks and is totally overrated.

Btw, I completely disagree with you.

Back