Luke Thomas Spends Hours Lookin for Tweet of Nate Diaz Asking for More Weight Classes

You know you can just put "Nate Diaz and weight classes" in the search right? And it comes straight up.

That's how all the celebs get caught out for racist and sexist tweets etc from ages ago

Maybe I'm out of the loop here, but why would Poirier want to take a catch weight fight when he is knocking on the door for a title shot?

You never know with Nate but doesn't the tweet seem super sarcastic?

Luke blocked me cause I said Frankie should have got the rematch against Benson cause he really won the second fight.

So I didn't see it.

And fuck Luke Thomas, not a fan at all.

Luke Thomas spends months arguing against the very idea of a 165lb division. The moment he sees a tweet from Nate (whom he admires, has interviewed once, and endeavours to interview again) calling for one he suddenly reverses course and declares that adding a new weight class could be ‘the best option’.

Fucking Ariel Helwani-esque in his willingness to stick his nose where the sun doesn’t shine.

The MMA media is so pathetic it is a joke.

Why is this is even being discussed? I don't get it.
I agree, what is the point of this post? I think there should definitely be more weight classes. It’s crazy how stacked the lightweight and featherweight divisions are and how guys are killing themselves to the point of hospitalization to make weight. More weight classes should hopefully lead to healthier fighters.

Yeah, I guess for Poirier, a guaranteed title shot is better than a potential title shot.

I don't like the idea. LW and WW are both stacked. Why mess with a good thing.

To me making a weight class just five pounds below WW doesn't accomplish much anyways. If they are going to add a weight class they should restructure and go 155, 165, 175.

And as far as a 165 weight class goes for Poirier, I'm a fan of Poirier, but I don't think he would have that much long term success at 165. As soon as WW killers start coming down to 165, I think he would have a lot of problems. He's had issues with the punching power of FW's and LW's already.

Bring in the super weight classes. Get on with it. I'll take CW too.

No....Just ban fucking weight cutting...Problem solved.

Use ONEFC system.

More weightclasses with more fake champs and more interim champs is exactly what this shithole of a promotion needs. Everyone gets to be a champ! Yeay! Watered down fecal matter at best.

It's luke Thomas so that doesn't surprise me at all. We don't need anymore belts IMO.

There isn't enough talent between 185+ to warrant another division. If anything, the division needs to be lowered to force some of the bigger MWs to fight at LHW, and LHW at HW.

Something around 150,60,70,80,200 would work best in my opinion.

Back