How About Alex "Cowboy" Oliveira vs. Jorge Masvidal?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Following a 30 second KO win in Sao Paulo, Alex Oliveira said he wants to return to the octagon ASAP and wants a top 10 opponent next time out. Jorge Masvidal hasn't fought in awhile and has expressed his frustrations several times on social media with the UFC's inability to get him a fight and he's even resorted to some sort of reality TV show for supplemental income.

I think Alex Cowboy vs. Jorge Masvidal would be an awesome fight. When the UFC displayed the lineup for The Argentina card, the Co-Main Event was listed as "TBD". I think this would be an awesome Co-Main Event under Magny-Ponzinibbio.

What do you guys think of this potential matchip and who would win?

<{jackyeah}>

Absolutely. I’d take Masvidal via decision or late stoppage TKO. Make this shit happen.

Following a 30 second KO win in Sao Paulo, Alex Oliveira said he wants to return to the octagon ASAP and wants a top 10 opponent next time out. Jorge Masvidal hasn't fought in awhile and has expressed his frustrations several times on social media with the UFC's inability to get him a fight and he's even resorted to some sort of reality TV show for supplemental income.

I think Alex Cowboy vs. Jorge Masvidal would be an awesome fight. When the UFC displayed the lineup for The Argentina card, the Co-Main Event was listed as "TBD". I think this would be an awesome Co-Main Event under Magny-Ponzinibbio.

I think Masvidal eats him alive, but who knows. Sounds like fun.

That Alex Cowboy is a fucking savage. One of my favorite fights, despite his loss, Cowboy vs Yancy Medieros. I haven't seen one of his fights that weren't interesting to watch. I say Masvidal gets merked.

I know Masvidal would eat him alive, not think, he's better everywhere, including his chin.

I-Like-That.gif

I think Alex Cowboy finishes Masvidal. Masvidal seems to be trending down where as Oliveira is really coming into his own. I'd love to see it next though. It makes perfect sense imo.

I know Masvidal would eat him alive, not think, he's better everywhere, including his chin.

I think Alex Cowboy finishes Masvidal. Masvidal seems to be trending down where as Oliveira is really coming into his own. I'd love to see it next though. It makes perfect sense imo.
I sense an avatar bet somewhere between those lines.

I'd watch. Then again anytime Oliveira is fighting I watch.

The Brazilian Cowboy that's one tuf hombre, that would be my pick...

Would DEF watch! Both are sluggers in the mma scene! I'd have to go with the Brazilian, that Power in that Frame is unreal

Masvidal is probably one of the most overrated fighters in the UFC. People talk so highly of him and I don't get why. He is not even a gatekeeper. Masvidal is a solid mid-low tier UFC fighter

Good matchup. My pick will be Alex.

He's been looking more impressive lately especially his stand up. People just overrating Jorge because he knocked out Cerrone but knocking out Cerrone don't really mean much. Haven't won since then either.

Good matchup. My pick will be Alex.

He's been looking more impressive lately especially his stand up. People just overrating Jorge because he knocked out Cerrone but knocking out Cerrone don't really mean much. Haven't won since then either.
Masvidal really established himself at WW with wins over Jake Ellenberger (retired) and Cowboy (shot to hell) and hasn't won since. I really don't think he's a top 15 WW but winning over Cerrone automatically gives guys a spot.

Great matchup. Definitely a fan.

One thing I’ve noticed recently is Oliviera’s footwork. My passion for musicals has helped me focus on the more intricate details of space and footwork, and I think it’s safe to say this is one area where he could greatly improve.

With that being said, I think this is a solid potential fight.

Last edited:
Damn. That's a banger and a pick em imo. I like it TS. I've got Cowboy in this. Masvidal is super clean and technical, but Cowboy is pretty accurate himself. He also throws everything with bad intentions so I expect a finish regardless of what way it goes.

How would you determine that he's trending down? No one has seen him fight in 17 years.

Back