Do you think Al Iaquinta is underrated?

Unfinished Sentenc

testtest
@red
Reaction score
I always thought he was underrated until he got dominated by Khabib

1XNFkVE.png

He is currently the #9 LW in UFC rankings, and probably can beat anybody outside of top 5.

Eh a split over Masvidal, dec a green Lee, KO some cans/washed up over 5 years he's right where he should be fringe top 10

He’s one of the current most overrated fighters on the roster actually. Fringe top 10-15, but nowhere near the monster the Khabib fans are trying to make him out to be. He’d have lost to Felder and Felder was like #15.

His wins aren't all that impressive relative to the rest of the top 10 in the division. Most are over old warhorses that should have retired years ago like Sanchez, Lauzon and Pearson. Add in a couple of bad losses like the one to Mitch Clarke and it's hard to say.

What is certain though is Khabib fans will drastically overrate him while Conor fans will underrate him.

He is one of the few who is probably ranked properly. He's good, but he isnt that good.

He’s one of the current most overrated fighters on the roster actually. Fringe top 10-15, but nowhere near the monster the Khabib fans are trying to make him out to be. He’d have lost to Felder and Felder was like #15.
He fought Khabib short notice and went all 5 rounds without getting hurt or put in danger. This after he publicly said who the fuck would want to fight Khabib, he's terrifying.

The Khabib fans gotta talk him up to make that "title" fight look legit.

Al beats all LWs except Tony and Khabib. Conman fans have a habit of discrediting Khabibs wins. Al is a legit fighter.

He needs to fight some better competition

Maybe loser of Pettis/Fergy or James Vick

He beats everybody in the division not named Khabib. But selling houses makes him more money.

He beat Kevin Lee 4years ago. That is his best win. He may be over rated.

Hate to admit it but I overrated al. His wins of Lauzon and Sanchez had me overestimating him. He didn’t show the type of quickness and reactions I expected out of a darkhorse top 5. I’d like to be wrong and see him be the fighter I thought he was.

I think Al is fine where he is now - a solid top 10 fighter. He would need to really tighten his striking if he ever wants to invade the top 5.

100%
Great thread.
I think even in the Khabib fight, he looked better than Barboza..
His wrestling/Ground game is often over looked, but he does train with Serra-Longo.
His striking is good too and has top notch wins in his record.
I think he can easily be a top #5 fighter if he focused on MMA

Al beats all LWs except Tony and Khabib. Conman fans have a habit of discrediting Khabibs wins. Al is a legit fighter.
He loses to Conor as well. Porier is a tough fight as well. But he is certainly in the top 5 discussion after his next big win

He needs to fight some better competition

Maybe loser of Pettis/Fergy or James Vick
James Vick is done at 55 except as a stepping stone. That shot that put him out is tough to recover from. And "the highlight" hits hard as fuck

Back