How does Gustafsson retain #1 contender without fighting?

Calipwnia

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Since October 2015 he is 2-1.

Who even knows who he is anymore?

Because Light Heavyweight is garbage and Gus would come back and starch anyone still ranked below him including Volkan and Smith

Because the only guy in position to threaten his place was Volkan?

Volkan didn't look good vs DC though, and hasn't fought since. So it makes sense.

Weak ass division, that's how.

Because Light Heavyweight is garbage and Gus would come back and starch anyone still ranked below him including Volkan and Smith

End thread. LHW is so shit. If he doesn't fight for the next 2 years I imagine he would rise in the rankings based on how shit the division is.

The same way Conor does...

th

Considering Lesnar is going to have a title shot despite having no win in eight years...

It's not so much about contender status as it it's that people want to see that rematch. It was a great, close fight.

To answer your question, though: be clearly better than the other contenders by, I don't know, fighting three title fights that were so close he could have won.

The division is dead and its a shame.

Gus will be on the Helwani show today. I'll put up a thread in a bit.

Ive never even trained mma and I think I'm ranked number 12 at LHW. division is so shallow it became groundwater

It's not so much about contender status as it it's that people want to see that rematch. It was a great, close fight.

To answer your question, though: be clearly better than the other contenders by, I don't know, fighting three title fights that were so close he could have won.

Jones, DC, what was his third title fight?

You telling me there are no good LHW around the world the ufc could sign? I'm sure there are some really good fighters.

You telling me there are no good LHW around the world the ufc could sign? I'm sure there are some really good fighters.
Maybe some of the Tuf guys will step up and fight at lhw

Bader & Davis are probably top 5 right now with DC, JJ & Gus.

alas, the fan base by and large don't miss them. because of the entertainment/sport hybrid nature of this thing.

and so we have Latifi is breaking into the top 5.

and so goes the life of an mma fan.

You are looking for high level, young athletes that are over 6' and 220lbs+

Until the starting pay at the highest level of MMA is more attractive, you not going to get athletes that size who have other options. Risk -vs- reward in the UFC is getting your head punched in for 12k to start.

Because he gave Jones and DC the hardest-fought wins of their careers.

Gus injured out after he already had the 1 spot.. Hes waiting for it.. Imo its not his damn fault lh is fucked up he should go to bellator and get the belt and get paid instead of bullshiting.

Back