Dana White being asked in his depo if his UFC promoter statements are true.

Wonder if they can get Tony Schiavone on the stand next

Did you really belive the match between Glacier and Scott Norris was the biggest night in pro wrestling history?

From the bit I can read, looks like Dana White won that exchange hands down.

Did you really belive the match between Glacier and Scott Norris was the biggest night in pro wrestling history?
tenor.gif

Glacier was awesome..

4BQl35nyeyo7u.gif

Actually he wasn't

Next up, Joe's Pizza will be questioned on whether they really do have the best slice in New York.

Interesting comments from a guy who routinely puts down his fighters.

From the bit I can read, looks like Dana White won that exchange hands down.

I think he lost the exchange. He basically admitted that everything he says is a lie to sell fights. So his testimony is basically useless.
<31>

Champions included...

3b5c.gif
I know the situation is a little different. Hes not saying his fighters are not the best. He routinely says "we have the best fighters" but then just talks shit about them when they dont jib like he wants.

Woodley and DJ are the best examples but we've seen it on a lesser scale with Stipe, Aldo and even GSP.

I live a stone's throw away from NYC, and I know at least 10 different pizza places that claim (openly) to have the best pizza in the city.

That is obviously logically impossible. Best-case scenario is that they all TIE for having the best pizza, but obviously that's a different idea than having the best pizza outright.

I'm putting together a full scale investigation for this to get to the bottom of what could be causing the situation. Will report to you guys when I'm done.

@FrankieNYC what’s the context of the deposition? I didn’t even know he was in court for anything.

Unless there is specific context for these questions though, I think they’re stupid fucking questions, and Dana’s answers are as fine as they can be, for such stupid fucking questions.

@FrankieNYC what’s the context of the deposition? I didn’t even know he was in court for anything.

Unless there is specific context for these questions though, I think they’re stupid fucking questions, and Dana’s answers are as fine as they can be, for such stupid fucking questions.

No idea man
I tried to find out quickly
I seen someone re-tweet it & looked at the original tweet for context & nothing.

but i thought it was pretty funny

I think he lost the exchange. He basically admitted that everything he says is a lie to sell fights. So his testimony is basically useless.
<31>

You think he admitted that everything he says to promote a fight is a lie? Really? I think he said everything he says needs to be understood in the context of selling a fight. I think there's a lot of space between those two things.

The lawyer seemed to think he had in a trap where he either admitted to lying or where his more outrageous statements could be used against him. I thought White did a good job avoiding it.

Promoter's job is to promote fights.

giphy.gif

This type of marketkng is called puffery and it isn't illegal, although frowned upon

So he's asking Dana if he hypes fights or fighters?

Back