Anyone else find Aniks commenting weird?

STRYDG

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Its more robotic compared to DC and Rogan.

DC and JR are discussing the fight, positions, techniques etc basically talking shit casually. It feels real, not forced and enjoyable to listen too.

Anik on the other hand seems like he's there just to say the ads or upcoming fights and other obvious things like time remaining/round number. He says some occassional stats but its just like the other commentators ignore him for the most part.

He's nauseating.

Hasn't improved whatsoever since Goldie got the boot, and Anik apparently ****** the right ***** to get the job.

Jon Anik is completely normal, TS on the other hand...

Anik is a consummate professional and the best commentator in the UFC, his subtle humor is lost on many unfortunately.

war Anik!

bW10pZT.gif

agree 100% with OP, there's definitely something off about him.

I don't hate him though, I even almost like him (but not his commentary). Getting rid of Goldberg was one of the most bullshit things WME has done. Or did they get rid of him before the sale? ah who knows or cares, either way they did him dirty
<Goldie11>

Goldie was incredible.

But Anik is ok-good.

Trust me, there is worse.

lol @ second post... Theres always some sad sap with no friends that tries to upset people on the internets. Nice try buddy.

Yeah I don't hate the guy but it just feels awkward and unnatural. Think its a shame he can't join in with the more buddy style commentating DC and JR have going along with his job of promoting other things.

Hey man, just be glad we got rid of Todd Grisham, alright?

The one I always found odd was Kenny Florian. It seemed he was always calling out the wrong strikes to a degree where there was something I wasn't understanding otherwise it would have been all over Sherdog.

For a "play by play" commentator he doesn't call out what is happening as much as it should.

The only good/funny thing about Anik is he's clearly a betting man.

Anik is a consummate professional and the best commentator in the UFC, his subtle humor is lost on many unfortunately.

war Anik!

bW10pZT.gif

C'mon, TS was NOT talking about Anik's skills in "commentating". He is clearly following or has friended (whichever fits) Anik on some social media thing and finds his comments weird.

Weird is the opposite of what it is. It is about as bland and predetermined as an answering machine. Not an ounce of insight, genuine emotion, improvisation or originality. He's basically not human.

I always thought Anik/ Goldie were play by play and Rogan/ DC are color commentators? So by nature they're more loose and conversational while pbp guys are more mechanical.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back