Gleison tdd vs khabib

cburm

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
1. ) Glieson was able to avoid the clinch - by keeping his distance.
2.) Never rushed or jumped in with strikes.
3.)Avoided khabibs - single leg by balancing and hopping to cage.
Again keeping distance and hips out of range.

4.) left is hips at his outside range he reached alot when striking over extending. But it worked to his advantage because khabib had to work for the td attempt and he had more time to react.

Glieson striking is well but his kicks suck..

Glieson lost unfortunatley because he had to use the cage for tdd and khabib held him on it witch imo won it for him..sealed the deal if you would.

Now Conor is all about touch butt balance skills.. And has a great and wide kick skill set.. Also a long reach and way better hands..

I think if Conor has ben studying khabibs fights.. Khabib will be in for a war.

Conor likes to leave his right extended to read take downs but he doesnt respect the wrestlers td hel charge throw tomany strikes.. Kicks hel come in range..
As we seen vs chad mendes..
If he fights this way he wont be landing much at least i think so.

Raging al had great td vs khabib because he did the same as Glieson. He tried to stay out of range but he wasnt agressive at all and to scared of the td. Week or 3 day notice.
Will be an interesting fight as conor could still lose a decision as khabib will be grappling on the fence and holding.

But the point is Conor is a studier fight habbit diagnosing trap setting up high fight iq fighter..people shouldnt be under estimating him like they did tyron.

I’m no Conor fan by any means but to hear ppl say Khabib will maul him is just nuthugging.

Conor knows exactly what Khabib is going to do and obviously the fight starts standing. I can see Khabib trying to rush in for the clinch and get caught with a left just like Aldo did.

I could be wrong and he might get mauled but I really think Conor pulls this one out and catches Khabib early and clean for the tko.

I think Conor has ok TDD but the real defense to the TD is his offense. The distance he keeps and the way he punches. You have to cover a lot of ground to get to him...and meanwhile you might get lit the fuck up trying.

His TDD was simple... dude was roided to the gills.

Gleison was roided to the gills and had a TDD rate of 92% going into that fight.

Khabib was a young kid, it was almost 7 years ago.

Khabib still won by the way.

Tibau was on all the sauce

wide.jpg

Gleison's gameplan came at the expense of any real offense,and Khabib is alot better than he was then. He would have landed alot more strikes for him staying timid rather than just trying to take him down now.

Tibau has a higher tdd% than GSP.

Conor wouldn't have Tibau level of tdd with 5 lifetimes of training, just like Tibau wouldn't have Conor's striking.

Last edited:
TS you forgot thibau was the second most juiced fighter after trt vitor, so he had some crazy power

I never seen this one but I thought Thibault won all 3 rds

Gleison was roided to the gills and had a TDD rate of 92% going into that fight.

Khabib was a young kid, it was almost 7 years ago.

Khabib still won by the way.

Khabib won't fight anyone that strong again unless he moves to WW.

Kaboob is not gonna get away with closing the distance with sloppy haymakers against conor.
Hes gonna have to dive for an ankle pick ala Couture/Tony or get tagged.

I’m no Conor fan by any means but to hear ppl say Khabib will maul him is just nuthugging.

Conor knows exactly what Khabib is going to do and obviously the fight starts standing. I can see Khabib trying to rush in for the clinch and get caught with a left just like Aldo did.

I could be wrong and he might get mauled but I really think Conor pulls this one out and catches Khabib early and clean for the tko.
That's not nuthugging by any stretch of the definition.

Khabib has mauled most of the people he's fought. Furthermore, Conor has mediocre take down defense and strong wrestling is his weakness.

Tibau was the first lefty Khabib faced. He couldn't finish a single on Tibau's front leg. Tibau blocked him from switching to the other leg by not allowing Khabib to get the right underhook. This was before the move to AKA, and Khabib hadn't developed his right under hook/bodylock clinch game. After this Khabib switched to shooting doubles on lefties. If the double fails he pushes them into the fence, tries to get a bodylock, then steps around the opponent's right leg and sacrifice throws/suplexes them.(First Johnson takedown). More often - when against the fence - he'll just switch to the opponent's left side and work his usual right underhook takedown game.(like on RDA and Horcher)

Conor's standup up against the defense of Joseph Duffy and Artemij Sitenkov.

About as relevant at this point.

Duh.. people is the same fighters they was over 6 years ago.. duh...

Back