Is DC "ducking" Jon?

Shaddows

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
When he got the belt, he maintained he would defend the LHW belts by the end of the year (November or December) then fight Lesnar on SuperBowl weekend and retire after that.

Now that Jon is free to fight him, he claims "why should I? I'm past that!!"

Look: personally, I don't think he is afraid. That's not it.
But I do think he does not want to give Jon a third match. Simple as that. (Ducking to spite, but still ducking).

What say you, Sherdog?

1) Ducking
2) Not ducking
3) Maybe

Mods: if you could put a poll, I would thank you for that.

I mean its really rather appropriate for Jon to have to take a contender fight, right? He's gone from suspension to instant title fight, to suspension, to instant title fight, and now he's been suspended again. Another title fight?

Brock is a bigger payday then Jon, and a more interesting matchup.

Edit - unless DC juices and fights Jon.

Is DC "ducking" Jon?

Well think about it, would you want to be embarressed and have your ass kicked for the 3rd time?

tenor.gif

We don't need to see this again...

He said a few months back that he'd love nothing more than to fight Jon again, but now that he's back.....crickets

He was talking BS because he thought he'd be suspended for 4 years lol
Well, that's before he even fought Stipe.

DC wanted a rematch with Jones for months. But he couldn't wait forever for Juicehead to be back. Things have changed, he moved on since. Now he is scheduled to fight Brock.

Anyone saying he's ducking is a moron.

Cheating in this sport is different than cheating in soccer for example. Ur trying to hurt an another human BEING

Brock's a more winnable fight, and obviously a much bigger payday, too.

DC could always call out and fight Jones (at HW) if or when he beats Lesnar.

I mean its really rather appropriate for Jon to have to take a contender fight, right? He's gone from suspension to instant title fight, to suspension, to instant title fight, and now he's been suspended again. Another title fight?

Jones unfortunately can’t be trusted. Even when he has the greenlight to come back you still can’t trust him. Something can happen with him any day. It has before.

There’s no reason for DC to cater to Jone’s need for attention or an immediate title shot. One is the champion in two divisions while the other is lucky to have a job.

Last edited:
He lost twice, if you lose twice its unlikely you'll win the third time. He's a champion of two weignt classes, he wouldn't duck any clean fighter

its ducking with a moral justification. which is still ducking.

Their rivalry has been too long and drawn out for me.

I actually felt for Jones when he dropped down on his knees after the last fight. Felt like a good comeback story but fool me thrice.....

It's the only thing most people care about Jon Jones now.

DC should at least leave it until he fights Brock for the $$$

Let the snitch build his rep back up by himself this time imo

He's just gonna grab that Easy Brock Cash first

I don’t think so. I thought DC was going to fight Brock and then retire. I still think he will fight Brock, then retire.

He’s old and still scored a massive achievement in his last fight. He wants a big payday and then to stop fighting, which at his age is more than understandable.

Crazy idea here, but yes the best fighter should be fighting for the title nobody's ever won from him, including the present day champion he both has successfully defended against and taken the belt from.

He's ducking anyone that is a threat

The man was trying to pick a fight with the ghost of Shogun
smh

Back