Anderson Silva reminisce on win against Chael Sonnen at UFC 117

KazDibiase

"My style is kneeing people in the face."
@Silver
Reaction score

spiderandersonsilva(Chael Sonnen) I consider myself a man of honor, great and incredible opponent. I had the opportunity to fight with one of the best of the category, he undoubtedly and a notable opponent. After a lot of provocation we entered the octagon, the fight began with the biblical screaming euphoric, in less than a minute "Sonnen" plays the first blow that left me knocked up standing, after that sonnen gives me a fall and stayed for three minutes sticking hard blows on the ground and pound. The first five minutes Sonnen hit me with 31 meaningful strokes, I responded with just four relevant strokes. It was in the face that the victory was Sonnen's first round. The difficulty was so much to breathe that in just the first ten seconds of the 2round Sonnen once again managed to apply me another fall taking me a great advantage the fight more caught than the first five minutes, my opponent "Sonnen" was able to give me 15 blunt blows, I already answered with only seven goals. All the advantage was for "Sonnen" it was clear.
While the fight remained standing it seemed that I would have more chances to win, already in the third round sonnen gets one more fall very easily again leaving me in an inferior situation with wisdom and experience hangs the apparent struggle already won mind to lead to better in five minutes.
After another round with ample dominance of my opponent I was able to hear the first cries of the cheering cheering Sonnen "Oracle Arena" California. In the statistics 21 strokes for "Sonnen" and only three mine.
At that moment I already knew that I had lost the first three rounds, I felt that my situation was getting even worse.
In the penultimate round, I tried to get more aggressive, I got to hit good punches and even a shooking elbow shaken my opponent, but the fight once again goes to the ground, again my opponent takes care of the octagon. For being the most balanced round so far my opponent Sonnen hit 16 strokes that I managed to respond with only 11 powerful strokes, another round for "Sonnen", was getting closer to the belt.
At the beginning of the fifth and final round, I just remembered the promise I made to my master!

Best come from behind win in MMA history, Chael was a great rival to Anderson

One of my all time favorite fights.

Crazy how Anderson Silva destroyed the greatest doper in MMA 2X. Chael Sonnen is the only man in MMA to have tested positive for steroids, hGH and EPO, combined.

Crazy how Anderson Silva destroyed the greatest doper in MMA 2X. Chael Sonnen is the only man in MMA to have tested positive for steroids, hGH and EPO, combined.

That's why I'll never taken him seriously

spiderandersonsilva(Chael Sonnen) I consider myself a man of honor, great and incredible opponent. I had the opportunity to fight with one of the best of the category, he undoubtedly and a notable opponent. After a lot of provocation we entered the octagon, the fight began with the biblical screaming euphoric, in less than a minute "Sonnen" plays the first blow that left me knocked up standing, after that sonnen gives me a fall and stayed for three minutes sticking hard blows on the ground and pound. The first five minutes Sonnen hit me with 31 meaningful strokes, I responded with just four relevant strokes. It was in the face that the victory was Sonnen's first round. The difficulty was so much to breathe that in just the first ten seconds of the 2round Sonnen once again managed to apply me another fall taking me a great advantage the fight more caught than the first five minutes, my opponent "Sonnen" was able to give me 15 blunt blows, I already answered with only seven goals. All the advantage was for "Sonnen" it was clear.
While the fight remained standing it seemed that I would have more chances to win, already in the third round sonnen gets one more fall very easily again leaving me in an inferior situation with wisdom and experience hangs the apparent struggle already won mind to lead to better in five minutes.
After another round with ample dominance of my opponent I was able to hear the first cries of the cheering cheering Sonnen "Oracle Arena" California. In the statistics 21 strokes for "Sonnen" and only three mine.
At that moment I already knew that I had lost the first three rounds, I felt that my situation was getting even worse.
In the penultimate round, I tried to get more aggressive, I got to hit good punches and even a shooking elbow shaken my opponent, but the fight once again goes to the ground, again my opponent takes care of the octagon. For being the most balanced round so far my opponent Sonnen hit 16 strokes that I managed to respond with only 11 powerful strokes, another round for "Sonnen", was getting closer to the belt.
At the beginning of the fifth and final round, I just remembered the promise I made to my master!

that was an amazing and tense fight.
What a fucking win...
And as for the win for his masters (Nog brothers), I can say that it was a lot more than the submission. It was a victory from "the jaws of defeat", which was the staple of Big Nog!

Anderson Silva is the GOAT

UFC record 17 fight win streak with 15 finishes (13 within 2 rounds), 10 title defneses, and 3 1st round LHW KOs.

FFC7CD07-8D00-49ED-B0CA-CE57D9B0C8FC.jpeg

Last round submission 2 mins before the fight is over after losing every round is a display of the heart of a champion.

Timeless classic

Awesome. I'm getting this tattooed:

in an inferior situation with wisdom and experience hangs the apparent struggle already won mind to lead to better

Fight would have been a no contest if Sonnen won.

greatest submission in mma history

what i would give to go back 8 years in time. life was so much better

Back