Pick one fighter from the history of MMA with current MMA training....

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
I pick Hidehiko Yoshida.

Was a Judo Olympic champion at 23.

This guy went toe to toe with PRIDE Wanderlei Silva at his very peak, with no single fuck given.
The best Judo one trick of all time
Fought Barnett, Wanderlei, Crocop
This guy fought at welterweight in Judo then fought at heavyweight in MMA years later, so if he transitioned after the olympics like maybe Ishii, this guy could have fought at welterweight.

If he could have trained some BJJ, because I think this guy just didn't train BJJ at all, and actually striking coach, this guy could have held his own against anyone, I think. Granite chin + Best Judo + Mental Toughness , some extra striking coaching and BJJ training = the world champion.

Fedor-kbs.jpg

Fedor for sure. GOAT training on a playground in the Russian foothills.

well that kinda ain't fair, Fedor is the goat so....as is...

Prime Frank Shamrock with current MMA training would be GOAT

Fedor for sure. GOAT training on a playground in the Russian foothills.
I dunno man if you watch his training montages from his prime he was on that high level Russian shit and he was in the military so learned from their regimens I would imagine

Fedor in his prime would be HW champ and P4P no.1 even in todays standards. I can't imagine him with the science of training today.

He probably wouldn't be as good with all the science and modern training, but thats what made him so good.

Ronda Rousey's Judo + Valentina Shevchenko's Muay Thai + Cris Cyborg's Strength and Conditioning = move over DC there's a new baddest (wo)man in town.

Its really a nonsense thread. current mma training? what does that even mean? If a young Pedro Rizzo fought today hed still knock alot of people out with only just what he had back then. Yoshida would probably fight exactly the same now as he did back then. The guy didnt have a lack of training,he fought exactly how he wanted to fight.

Pat Smith with current training and a good life coach lol

Fuggin’ Explosive

Back