Thiago "Marreta" Santos should get more love here

SalvadorAllende

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Glad he got a spot in the main event and he made the best out of it. Incredible war.

I hope his stock goes up and more people start notice him.

The guy is there to kill or be killed.
He can lose some fights and may not ever be a contender for the title. But he is as entertaining as he comes.

Violence guaranteed when this guy enters the cage.

Cool-THIAGO-SANTOS-Highlights.gif

UltimateAcademicCleanerwrasse.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_olp7zphRxC1r7vh24o1_540.gif

agreed......he looked great last night

And movsevian should get more credit for his victory over this killer.

Agreed. Dude is a beast. Great fights win or lose.

It's all because of what Gegard did to him

Santos vs Manuwa would be the shit! Two big, explosive strikers going at it. Someone is going down HARD.

I would expand the topic of the thread to "the actual fights/fighters should get more love here". There was a decent card yesterday and there are barely any threads other than 229 related (or non-related :D) stuff...

But on the topic of your thread, i am impressed that someone like Santos that throws with so much power has decent cardio. He fights wild but if he can push the opponent back he will always land something good and the pressure might force the other fighter to be more defensive and throw less. The problem will be with fighters that won't back up and will trade. I am not so sure about his "chin" (as in: i don't know how durable it is) although he took some good hits from Anders and kept going.

Love watching his fights. Did you guys know he was a Welterweight on TUF Brazil 2?
16031.jpg
tuf_brazil_2_ep05-tuf_brazil_2_ep05_011.JPG

Looks like he took some protein powder since losing to current Lightweight Leonardo Santos on the show.
thiago-marreta-santos-ufc-fight-night-119-ceremonial-weigh-ins.jpg

War Marreta !

He looks like a worthy prospect, I might put his name under Erik Silva on my prospect list

Just a small reminder to the sherdog Mousasi detractors:
The smaller moose made quick work of giants Santos and OSP (OSP was somewhat competitive dec) and re-arranged the face of the very powerful, thick and dense Latifi.

#justsaying

Back