THE WORST CORNER I'VE EVER SEEN

The corner didn’t do anything wrong?

They just tried to help their fighter up, checked on him, and when he fell again, immediately went to his side and helped call the doctor in.

One cornerman had his phone on and put it on the mat in between rounds. First time seeing that. Was gross.

As for the ending, they might have stopped it, but ref did it first. It was clearly over. No need to blame imo.

One cornerman had his phone on and put it on the mat in between rounds. First time seeing that. Was gross.

As for the ending, they might have stopped it, but ref did it first. It was clearly over. No need to blame imo.
i guess i see what you're saying I just felt like he should have left him on the ground immediately

Well he didn't go out for round 4, so that's all that really matters. They could have just shoulder carried him all the way to the stool and tried to revive him enough to stand up for rd 4 but thankfully it never happened. What should have happened for Nunes vs Pennington between rd 4-5 when pennington said she was done and her corner talked her out of it just to get absolutely thrashed and stopped.

The corner didn’t do anything wrong?

They just tried to help their fighter up, checked on him, and when he fell again, immediately went to his side and helped call the doctor in.

They were trying to literally drag him back to the stool to get him back out there lol

Not everyone can have someone as classy as Yoel's translator in the corner.

Absolutely brutal. They tried to drag him twice. Dreadful.

They called for the doctor after the second collapse. Chill.

Corners are all about doing everything to get the win. It is rare to see corners throw the towel in MMA. There is a culture around not doing it.

Raquel Pennington has the worst corner in MMA.

UFC 224 Pennington down 0-4 broken nose on the stool looking dejected before round 5 (against Nunez): “I’m done”
Corner: “Forget about that. Get out there and fight”

Pennington gets TKO’d with exploded nose shortly thereafter.

Back