Isn't the UFC losing ad money by promoting McG's Whiskey?

mommas homeboy

Women with dicks are women too!
Reaction score
As far as I know, they're not part owner's of the brand. And the company's that have their products on the canvas are obviously paying the UFC.

So is Conor paying them, or did the UFC really just say, "Okay, we'll advertise a brand that won't make us money, in place of a brand that will....."

How does that work?

It's probably coming out of his fight purse.

Whatever they lose they will make buy 10x cuz conor is fighting for them.

Without conor.this whole ship sinks.

Could be a compensation for fight purse. Conor is worth 20 mill a fight but I don’t think the UFC wants to shell out that kind of money. This is why many people were wondering if they’d ever be able to make a deal to get him back in the UFC. Maybe they agreed on less money in exchange for the sponsorship?

It’s simply part of bargaining with Conor and his contract. Conor obviously was insistent on advertising so he brought it with him into negotiations.

UFC won’t lose sponsorship money because it’s being factored into the contract with Conor.

Whiskey sponsorship is a small price to pay. Dana will have a red panty night regardless.

Promoting the drink is a bit like promoting the fight. Even if you think his whiskey is stupid, it still keeps the fight in people's minds whenever they hear about it.

the most likely is they keep modelo ads but ad a few conor whiskey ones. beer and whiskey do not really compete with each other. some people drink beer, if you drink whiskey, you are probably drinking beers during a sporting event.

Bahaha ..the UFC has been around alot longer then conor and will be after he's gone..which could b after the 6th of October if khabib gets his way

I don't quite agree with that. UFC definitely benefits with him, sure. The advertisements are part of his contract I imagine. With or without Conor though I feel like UFC is going nowhere as long as they are the #1 MMA promotion

It is only on the canvass on nights he fights. They want him to fight because he pulls the biggest ppv numbers in the company. So really they are making money off McGregor. The advertisement is just part of his compensation and he wanted some of that money to be in the form of ownership--he couldn't get a piece of the UFC so he settled for his company getting advertising placement.

If anything it is making the UFC money to have Conor on the roster. Giving him advertising placement is just part of his payment.

EDIT** man i had a bad run on sentence--whole first paragraph. Put the weed down kids, you are just rambling and repetitive when you think you are being insightful.

Gotta make daddy's little boy happy.

But back to the topic at hand, I think it's a concession they were willing to make especially with Conor trying to be a part owner. Better to toss him something like this than have him hold out for something they would never want to give him.

You must be referring to that smoking hot reporter? Never seen/heard of her, but ya. Damn. Must Google.
Indeed. She's the little sister of all-time great defensive end Jason Taylor. She was the moderator on Skip & Shannon Undisputed and she's now the news update anchor on The Herd with Colin Cowherd. She also has her own podcast called Maybe I'm Crazy.

They wanted Conor back, and allowing him to promote his whiskey was probably a concession they had to make in order to get the deal done.

Maybe he is paying the normal sponsor rate (same as bud light etc), maybe not. Most likely the latter. Even if they are losing some money in sponsor revenue, they got Conor back. That's what they wanted.

Moreover they renewed his contract for a further 6 fights.

Back