So what was your prediction on the duration of Jones suspension and how far off were You?

ClosetVitorFan

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I said USADA would have to give Jones a minimum of 2 years to have any credibility. Since guys like Mir, who tested positive for Tbol on a first offense got 2 years. I figured that was the least Jones would get on a 2nd offense. By the official rule book that applies to the regular plebs in the UFC. You get 2 years on a first offense. 4 years on a 2nd offense. They didn't even factor in all the deception that Jones participated in. The not signing the documents himself, had someone else sign them, from hiding under the cage to avoid being tested, the not being transparent on what supplements he was taking etc, So I was off by 9 months. USADA is full on corrupt.

I correctly predicted that he would be free to fight by late 2018

Although I thought it would be only a one year suspension, not 15 months

#comebackseason

On the merits of his doping case he got 45 months. He got a conditional reduction for snitching.

On the merits of his doping case he got 45 months. He got a conditional reduction for snitching.
It all depends on what he ended up getting. Not oh he got 45 months then it was reduced to 15.

I was way off I thought he would get 4 years.

I congratulate Jon on snitching, it was a brilliant move. On a dirt scale it's probably even worse than his eyepokes, but it gets the job done all the same.

Thought 4 years, USADA issued 4 years until Jones snitched.

I thought he'd get 18 months retroactive to when he popped, so pretty close

But did he really? Why didn't Mir snitch? Or anyone looking for a reduced sentence? It makes no sense. Lol
This is Jones we are talking about. He snitched just like the good old days.
I kinda get your point, the snitching being a cover but.. we have to wait and see.

Not what I wanted but predicted he would have gotten time served. Wasnt to far off from the results. Pretty sad that its so lenient.

I thought four years initially, but after hearing the golden snitch on Rogan early this year I haven't had a clue.

I adamantly believed he’d get at least two years, and that would be with loopholes and agreements from a top notch legal team. I really thought they would take into consideration how negligent he was with their requirements, such as having his manger sign the documents for him and do the training for him and stuff like that. They say they base sentencing on degree of fault, and that implies a HIGH degree of fault. To the contrary they actually ruled he had a low degree of fault and they believe he didn’t take anything intentionally! Shocked. I also didn’t foresee him turning snitch.

It all depends on what he ended up getting. Not oh he got 45 months then it was reduced to 15.
You realize that he could still get 4 years, right? The reduced sentence is conditional on how his snitching results pan out.

I was correct in that he got 4 years, and although it's presently reduced to 15 months, by your logic I could still end up being right (especially if WADA steps in and appeals the arbiter's decision).

We were all off. Unless you predicted that USADA was straight corrupt.

I thought a lifelong ban was the appropriate consequence for a second offense.I was way off.

mystic UL was bang on

and just how i said that USADA is corrupt when it came

Jones knows how to play the game. Use drugs eyepoke and snitch when caught.

Back