Who's the better double champ?

Thesnake101

Think about it, it worth it.
@Gold
Reaction score
Conor, DC or GSP? Not who the best fighter is, but rather the better champion.

It's between DC and Conor for me. Now, I know that there's the whole 'DC is a paper champ' thing going on with his LHW belt, but the fact that he stepped in there with the most dominant UFC HW champion and blasted him in one round is impressive, however you slice it. Conor might have never defended a belt in his entire life, but he had two stellar performances in each title fight, and both were against very tough and legit dudes. Eddie might have become a meme due to his performance, but truth is that nobody has ever tooled him in the same way Conor did, not even Dustin.

DAN%20HENDERSON%20AT%20TEAM%20QUEST%20GYM%20150%20dpi(2).jpg

Couture and BJ are up there as well, but who cares — they're old.

Probably the one who deserved both title shots and has made an effort to defend them?

One of the 3 has NEVER been an interim champ and has defended at least one of his (legit, non-interim) belts multiple times

Conor, GSP, and then DC

He beat both real champs one being a GOAT canidate at the time.

It's between DC and Conor for me. Now, I know that there's the whole 'DC is a paper champ' thing going on with his LHW belt, but the fact that he stepped in there with the most dominant UFC HW champion and blasted him in one round is impressive, however you slice it. Conor might have never defended a belt in his entire life, but he had two stellar performances in each title fight, and both were against very tough and legit dudes. Eddie might have become a meme due to his performance, but truth is that nobody has ever tooled him in the same way Conor did, not even Dustin.

R0DAW.gif

Conor and it's not even close.

It's not even close to close.

Nau5Dak.gif

vwcVpk9.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Conor > DC > GSP.

DC is at a bit of disadvantage with LHW and HW being completely useless divisions, but at LHW he's only really beaten Rumble and then Gus which could've arguably went either way. Conor beat Mendes, Aldo, and Poirer decisively. And now he's refusing to rematch Gus. He's refusing to rematch Stipe or fight any top HW which there really aren't many. I can get not fighting Cain and now Fabricio is suspended. But he only wants to fight Lesnar. It's better than GSP, but hardly.

GSP won't fight anyone. He won off Bisping which is a joke, and then he ducked Whittaker and Romero and all those guys.

Conor on the other hand didn't just move up and beat the best champion of the three guys in Eddie, he's now sticking around and fighting Khabib. He's the best.

Conor isn't even in that conversation til he defends a belt.

GSP is the actual GOAT.

I think its hilarious that people are saying Conor... because GSP wont defend his MW belt???

At least he's actually defended a belt he won

So far the whole double champ thing has been a dud, personally. Nobody has actually stayed active in both weight classes, much less actually defended both belts.

I think the gimmick has already overstayed its welcome.

Last edited:
Back