How would TJ vs Holloway go?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Just rewatched TJ vs Cody and they mentioned Cejudo moving up to fight him but how would TJ fair against Holloway assuming he's coming back at FW. I think I'd much rather see that fight then Cejudo vs TJ although TJ would be oversized but I still think he'd give Max a good fight.

Holloway easily. Cejudo TJ is closer in size and more competitive. Think about it; Holloway kills himself to make 145. TJ can make 125.

Weird fight because Holloway is much bigger, but with their skills I think it would be an amazing fight and a war I'd love to watch

Holloway via destruction if he made weight

TJ would be a tiny FW

Hey tj is the most complete fighter of all time ill never doubt that man.

Holloway easily. Cejudo TJ is closer in size and more competitive. Think about it; Holloway kills himself to make 145. TJ can make 125.
Idk it's not like Max is a KO artist or anything. He outpaces and uses his cardio until people break which I don't think would work on TJ. TJ possibly could wrestle him as well. TJ and Edgar are probably similar walk around weights

Idk it's not like Max is a KO artist or anything. He outpaces and uses his cardio until people break which I don't think would work on TJ. TJ possibly could wrestle him as well. TJ and Edgar are probably similar walk around weights

Max has more than enough power to knock TJ out. And there is no way TJ would even attempt to wrestle him.

There's just way too much size difference between the two to have any sort of competitive fight.

Would be a more interesting "super-fight" than Cejudo vs TJ imo. Holloway would be the favourite of course.

Max lights him up from his range. TJ panicks & as a result gets reckless while trying to close the distance and gets ktfo.

Wouldn't be competitive. Max by KO. Max is 5'11 and is a super competent striker.

Max literally walks around roughly 30-35 pounds heavier than TJ. There would be a massive size discrepancy.

TJ is an animal but I think Max would be too much for him.

Both good fighters.

One is 6 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier.

You do the maths.

Its about as fair a fight as DJ vs TJ. TJ is not a big BW but at the same time DJ is a small Flyweight which is why i never wanted to see that fight nor this one. I want to see 2 great fighters from different divisions, but not when you see size winning over skills, i dont see how it matters if they at some point hit the same weight it isnt reality.

For some reason, the size gap between weight classes is biggest between FW and BW.

Holloway dies to make FW, meanwhIle TJ supposedly could make 125. TJ walks at around 152, Holloway is so heavy he can't make 155 in a week.

Anyway, TJ is the better fighter, but I don't know how that size plays in. TJ trains alot with Cub though, and he's a FW, probably gets the better of him during practice, but Holloway ain't Cub.

he has the skills to do what Cruz did to TJ and it would probably be a much more 1 sided fight with Max circling around the outside and TJ getting frustrated and walking into punches until the the end of the fight or until 1 of the punches hurts TJ enough for Max to pour it on him.

Back