Proper 12 - Conor releases an alcopop which cannot be sold in Ireland as whiskey - I just ordered 2

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
Here is how whiskey is defined

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/medi...ctednames/IrishWhiskeytechnicalfile141114.pdf

"“Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” is made from natural raw materials, 100% malted barley, water and yeast. Other natural enzymes may also be used at the brewing and fermentation stage. Malted barley is produced to individual specification by dedicated malting companies, which may be un-peated or peated in character. By using 100% malted barley, “Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” has distinctive smooth, velvet, full and oily texture with a malty and sweet taste. “Malt Irish Whiskey/ Irish Malt Whiskey” is defined as a spirit made from a mash of 100% malted barley and: a) saccharified by the diastase of malt contained therein, with or without other natural enzymes; b) fermented by the action of yeast; c) distilled in pot stills in such manner that the distillate has an aroma and taste derived from the materials used."

Now take a look at the bottle

20180921_155227-02-jpeg.439817

Vanilla and honey added plus some BS about toasted wood.

"If so desired and prior to bottling, the blender may use the only additive which is permitted for Irish whiskey, namely plain caramel colouring (E150a)." - not fucking honey and vanilla.

Edit: somebody send me the back of the bottle and or a link showing this is sold as “Irish whiskey” in the EU (not via the US). I will then buy a bottle of this piss.

Edit 2: I ordered two via a friend from the US and one bottle from Tesco. Will take a look the back labeling and compare. Now that will take two weeks for the US bottles. I will also have a talk with some authorities about the “Proper 12” labeling for 3 year old piss. It might mean something other than 12 year old whiskey for somebody from Dublin but not a drunk German or Pole.

Last edited:
What da fook is an alcopop? Conor will make billions every year on his world class everything.

Oh and it's name would probably fall under misleading advertising - because EU courts care about selling something pretending to be 12 years old instead of being 3 years of shite that other distilleries or supermarkets didn't want - WHICH IS WHY THEY ADDED FUCKING HONEY AND VANILLA BECAUSE IT'S piss.

Oh and it's name would probably fall under misleading advertising - because EU courts care about selling something pretending to be 12 years old instead of being 3 years of shite that other distilleries or supermarkets didn't want - WHICH IS WHY THEY ADDED FUCKING HONEY AND VANILLA BECAUSE IT'S piss.
You’re very angry at this whiskey.

Umm... Doesn't that say "with hints of" on the label? As in, nothing is added? Plenty of whisky has those taste characteristics, and sometimes you'll find that mentioned on the label. That doesn't mean they put honey or vanilla flavour in it, obviously.

Last edited:
Shut your mouth. Dana White told me it is good.

What da fook is an alcopop? Conor will make billions every year on his world class everything.

Sugary drink with alcohol.

Whisky and whiskey - grain, malt and water. Maybe carmel if you're bottom self supermarket and your product hasn't been aged long enough.

Last time I drank shit with carmel was twenty years ago and I may have molested a horse on the way home.

i dont think they added those ingredients, i think its more how those bs someliers precieve the taste...

Like on many wines you can read it says it has an earthy taste, i reckon they didnt actually put an earth inside the bottle...

I'm not disputing that it's probably garbage, but it isn't named Proper Twelve because it's pretending to be 12 years old.

"Named after Dublin postal district 12 in which McGregor grew up, the whiskey is said to evoke ‘hints of vanilla, honey and toasted wood’. "

https://scotchwhisky.com/magazine/latest-news/20839/conor-mcgregor-unveils-proper-no-12-whiskey/

It's made in the Bushmills distillery, I'm pretty sure they know what they have to do in order to comply with whatever standards are required of a whiskey, and if you go there they will tell you all about how this whiskey has hints of this and this other whiskey has hints of that, it's about how they age it in the cask, they aren't adding a teaspoon of honey and vanilla before they seal the bottle....

You’re very angry at this whiskey.
Lol...dam right.
People are losing their marble's on sherdog in the last few days..
Oh and theres always Mysterio ..<{hughesimpress}>

Sugary drink with alcohol.

Whisky and whiskey - grain, malt and water. Maybe carmel if you're bottom self supermarket and your product hasn't been aged long enough.

Last time I drank shit with carmel was twenty years ago and I may have molested a horse on the way home.
yY55O.gif

Back