McGregor - striking study

Drugstore Cowboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"McGregor has only boxing" isn't an argument.

• 0:00 retreating counters
  • 1:51 southpaw double attack
  • 3:04 front snap kicks
  • 3:29 ring cutting kicks
  • 4:12 the side kick
  • 4:46 bicycle kicks
  • 5:43 corkscrew lead uppercut
6 minutes and 41 seconds of pure joy.

P.S. If you want to know more about martial arts, invest your time to learning, not hating.

#Peace

Jack:

hqdefault.jpg

And so he fookin' should've.

If you're standing on the shoulders of a giant and you can't reach higher than them you're doing something wrong.

Not to mention that Anderson wasn't simply a hand striker, he was out there collecting KOs by knees and front kicks and subbing mofos too, including the likes of MW great Hendo, Machado black belt Lutter, and a Chael who was so roided to the gills he couldn't even pass the fight night "IQ test".

Last edited:
Conor is well adept at using a wide array of strikes to set up the left hand, but he generally needs the left to finish.

Silva has one strike KOs with all eight points.

I used to like Slack, but his head is so far up McGregor's ass that I can't take him seriously.

Legit lol'd.

Conor is well adept at using a wide array of strikes to set up the left hand, but he generally needs the left to finish.

Silva has one strike KOs with all eight points.

I used to like Slack, but his head is so far up McGregor's ass that I can't take him seriously.

Being a more diverse striker doesn't make you better. That old Bruce Lee 1000 kicks or 1 kick 1000x.

Anderson is incredibly creative but there are some fundamentals he has always lacked but made up for.

So Jack (Slack I'm assuming) decided after not seeing Conor compete in the last 2 years it was time to make a video about how Conor has surpassed Anderson? Lol, makes sense.

Conor is the superior Boxer since Anderson has a bad habit of over committing on his hooks leaving him self flat footed and over extended but
Anderson Silva is far and away the best pure striker we've ever seen.

Kung Fu style hand traps and feints, Capoara footwork and movement deception, Muay Thai kicks and clinch as well as some TKD mixed in and a fantastic jab and head movement, rolling with punches better than anyone we've ever seen.

He has finished fights with every one of his limbs and always put on a show doing it.

When you fight this hands down reflexive style so successfully for so long eventually you will become overly cocky and truly believe you can't be caught and with age your reflexes will become that split second slower and your unwavering belief in yourself will eventually cause you to make that miscalculation that will compound everything and bring it all crashing down, it has ended the sameway for everyone that has utilised this style but it in no way takes away from its brilliance before that.

Claiming we have never seen a striker like Conor before is just absurd, we've seen several guys using a Karate style side stance and movement as well as guys with just as good or better distance control.

We have not however seen anyone like Anderson with such a deep striking tool box coupled with pin point accuracy and precision timing with all his weapons on the feet, Conor doesn't even come close.

Silva vs Forrest was the real touch of death gtfo with that Conor touch of death shit

He likes to be brave when security is there.

Being a more diverse striker doesn't make you better. That old Bruce Lee 1000 kicks or 1 kick 1000x.

Anderson is incredibly creative but there are some fundamentals he has always lacked but made up for.

Andersons only glaring hole really was the sloppy way he would throw hooks and over hands leaving him self over extended and exposed but thankfully he didn't throw them all that often.

• This video was awesome, looks like Conor took a page from many fighters.
    - Mayweather, Naseem, Bruce Lee

I used to love watching Prince Naseem.
    ==> 5:43 corkscrew lead uppercut

• This video was awesome, looks like Conor took a page from many fighters.
    - Mayweather, Naseem, Bruce Lee

I used to love watching Prince Naseem.
    ==> 5:43 corkscrew lead uppercut
DelightfulUnrealisticDegus-small.gif

There's a great short-study from Lawrence Kenshin on Prince Naseem, I recommend it.

Who the hell said he only has a boxers chance? I live on Sherdog and have never seen this claim before. I've seen plenty of people say he has a strikers chance..ie he isn't a complete fighter. I've seen plenty say he has a punchers chance. Never a boxers chance lmao.

Conor's kicking game has been talked quite a bit about here on Sherdog.

People digging(searching) deep for pro-Cornrow threads.

Back