Dana White: Conor VS Khabib is trending to do 2.5 Million PPV buys

Cooliox

Steel Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
“It’s massive,” White said of the UFC 229 pay per view on October 6th. “There has been a lot of talk about this thing doing 2 million buys. We’re trending right now at 2.5 million buys so that’s how big this fight is.

“The biggest fight we’d ever done was Diaz vs. McGregor at almost 1.6 million pay-per-view buys. Then we did the Floyd Mayweather fight.

“And now this by far is the biggest fight and one of the biggest fights ever in combat sports to be honest with you.”

via mmanews

But you gotta factor in all those illegal streams Dana. 1.5 tops, MMA fans cheap as fuck lol

Who cares, I am way more hyped to see Jon fight again. One day he will get his ass beat and I hope to see it.

“The biggest fight we’d ever done was Diaz vs. McGregor at almost 1.6 million pay-per-view buys."
jrh58xr.gif

Dana White, UFC president
June 2008 - Sports Illustrated

"Remember that I told you this: in the next five to eight years, this thing's going to be the biggest sport in the world -- bigger than the [deleted expletive] NFL, bigger than Major League Soccer, bigger than World Cup soccer or whatever the hell they call it. Bigger than anything. So remember I told you that."

DaXu7PRV4AAc267.jpg

Dana White, UFC president
June 2008 - Sports Illustrated

"Remember that I told you this: in the next five to eight years, this thing's going to be the biggest sport in the world -- bigger than the [deleted expletive] NFL, bigger than Major League Soccer, bigger than World Cup soccer or whatever the hell they call it. Bigger than anything. So remember I told you that."

DaXu7PRV4AAc267.jpg
Seems like they've been setting up to con WME for years, hah

I'd be shocked if this card sells under 2 million

1.3 to 1.5Million streams will be everywhere

I'd be shocked if this card sells under 2 million
I'm sure the Red Goof will say it did 2+ Million no matter what the real number turns out to be.

He's always exaggerating.

I'm sure the Red Goof will say it did 2+ Million no matter what the real number turns out to be.

He's always exaggerating.
If he says 2 mill we both know it didn't.

Didnt be say Conor vs Floyd was trending at 6.5 million or some absolute bullshit lmao.

“And now this by far is the biggest fight and one of the biggest fights ever in combat sports to be honest with you.”

Thanks for being honest with us, Dana. We can always count on you to be honest with us.

Back